Or design the OS for GPU support to free up CPU for audio.

Yes I own a itouch already but I don't want to carry a second device just for some authentic pacman with actual sound! Plus track ball (roller ball) stomps touch screen for pacman and brick breaker games imho

Does everyone else have hella lag when scrolling through ring tone selection?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 09:47 PM
    ...Does everyone else have hella lag when scrolling through ring tone selection?
    YES, ABSOLUTELY! I can't think of anything more tedious than trying to assign ringtones on the Tour. Prior to discovering the lag, I transferred 84 ringtones onto my SD card in hopes of assigning different tones for different contacts / profiles, etc. By the time I finished the Phone, SMS, MMS and PIN; and got to my fifth contact, I aborted all efforts - never to return. I'm hoping an OS update will address this.
    09-19-09 05:10 AM
    I don't think RIM check's these forums. lol
    09-19-09 09:23 AM
    Try scrolling to browse at the top of the list instead. I think the delay is from loading the ring each time you land on one.
    09-19-09 09:53 AM
    I don't think RIM check's these forums. lol
    $

Don't squash my dreams! Actually I would be very curious to see these forums if I was a developer for RIM! its free beta testing feedback. While I think you may be right I think stranger things have happened as well. I should have posted in rants my bad

09-19-09 10:20 AM
    Try scrolling to browse at the top of the list instead. I think the delay is from loading the ring each time you land on one.
    Yeah it spools up the sample to play no doubt causing some scroll lag. Your browse technique works if you know what you are looking for so good advice.

09-19-09 10:24 AM
    Guys. Just an FYI - the .53 update speeds ringtone selects significantly!

09-19-09 10:56 AM
    I'm running .53 as well but it doesn't speed up my ringtone selection either. I've had this phone since release and have always hated this. Maybe 5.0 will fix?? Please hurry!! Lol

11-06-09 02:59 AM
    guys, don't put ringtones on the SD card! Put ringtones and wallpapers in the device's memory itself so it doesn't have to read a card to get them. That's basic smartphone management.
    11-06-09 03:45 AM
    if you know the names of ur ringtones u would like to assign, u can just type in the title of the ringtone, while the list is up, it will scroll automatically to what ur typing. good luck!
    11-06-09 08:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD