I have searched around about converting the normal java games into blackberry games. I used to download lots of stuff from mobile9 and now with blackberry I have found a limited number of apps and wanted to expand a bit (I realy don't want to waste money on apps so my list is heavily reduced)

Anyway,

I was wondering...the java (.jar) games were prepared for a cellphone with normal keys (alfanumeric I believe thats how its called).
    So how would a normal java game made for these alfanumeric cellphones behave on a qwerty cellphone like my 8900? Or even on a torch with touchscreen!?

To sum up my question: Is java to alx conversion worth all the effort? Will the games and applications work properly on my blackberry?

Where can I find more games for free (or realy realy REALY low prices) but I mean entretaining games not those you get tired of easily. I have seen java games I would KILL to play on my blackberry there were mmorpg's of sorts...

Is there any mmorpg for blackberry?

Sorry for droping so many questions but thanks in advance for the answers
    10-25-10 03:35 PM
    .jar files require no conversion... .jar files are install-able directly. .alx is only needed for installing .cod files.

You would have to modify the source code to make a game that was meant to be controlled on a standard phone work on a qwerty phone or utilize BB specific keys, which you won't have because most of the apps/games are not going to be open source...
    10-25-10 03:54 PM
    I know I'm starting to learn some things about programing...but so far all I know is some basics on C programing (wich are useless here anyway), and all I know about java is that it's a code for programing. So I'd apreciate you'd keep it simple :P

I'm not shure I'm doing it right but I can't load .jar files to the application instaler on my blackberry desktop manager and can't install them on my bb any other way...

Most of all I thrist for new applications and mostly games...I see people with Iphones playing mmorpg's in them or heavy football games like fifa 2011 (not that I'm a huge football fan) and I'm here with what I believe to be an equaly good phone but all it runs is some simple tetris games...or similar simple stuff...

can I play those great java games I used to play on other normal phones on my blackberry? (If I understood you right then it's just as I though, I can't)

So where can I find more cool games...?
    10-25-10 04:15 PM
    If the control scheme is not supported properly on the phone, there's nothing you can do.

It might work, but very poorly. Or it might just not work... Some java apps can rely on certain buttons from a different platform that don't exist on a BB.
    10-25-10 08:22 PM
    This is what I'm talking about!

I was just searching the net and I found out that theres a very good looking mmorpg that can be played both on pc and on Iphone... but not on blackberry!

These is the sort of games I want to have on my blackberry...but all I can find is snake or tetris like games...

I read on the newspaper the other day about some competicion betwen blackberry, Apple and the Android phones...
    I'm guessing the blackberry must be way behind not having any decent games...

No offense to blackberry or RIM, for bad or for worse I'll stick with you...for as long as my cellphone works at least...

EDIT: I mean no offense whatsoever to anyone at all.

Just a little update, I found out about the jailbreak on iphones...is there a similar thing for blackberry's?
    Last edited by Trackballerpouch; 10-27-10 at 06:03 PM.
    10-26-10 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD