For the life of me, I cannot get this app to work. It will install without any problems (yes, I have the latest), but I cannot get any of the menus to come up.

I read something about menus not appearing for a browser until a custom theme was installed, so I tried to install a custom theme (failed, could not get one to load up).

Any ideas?? I would love to be able to use this great looking app (the screenshots look awesome)!!!
    03-09-09 01:27 PM
    After playing around some more and pulling teh battery I found out that the menu DOES appear!!! However, it only shows up one time, then I have to do a battery pull to get it to reappear.

However, if I hit the menu key, then select with the trackball, the game will launch, and I can turn the sound off.

So, this appears to be theme releated (perhaps??) How do I install a custom theme??
    03-09-09 01:58 PM
    david not all themes have been made with new menu's for apps! check with the creator of the theme to get that info or maybe have them update it for you!
    03-09-09 03:25 PM
    I have the default theme loaded, for some reason I cannot load ANY custom made theme (can anyone offer any assitance on this??, I would like to load some different ones for the Curve 8350i)).

The reason I am thinking it is theme releated is because of another posting where users of other browers (Bolt for example) have had to use a custom theme to get the menu to appear, and this "appears" to be the case with Tetris. The menu appears "once" after a battery pull, but when I scroll down, it get's "erased". If I select the menu key, then scroll down with the trackwheel, kinda guessing how far down to go, I can turn the sound off (saves on battery life and get's annoying after a while, the same ole music, lol) and I can start a new game, ALL WITHOUT SEEING THE MENU
    03-09-09 03:33 PM
    oh well than yeah its a theme thing! simple instructions are on their way here so post back!

well first off you have to unzip the file you downloaded and then go to the folder you unzipped in through the desktop manager and it will locate it in the folder if it matches the same folder you unzipped it into!

here is a simple set process!

1:download theme [zip file or rar]
    2: once download is complete open zip file.
    3:extract alx file and cod file to a common location[such as desktop]
    4: open application loader on desktop manager
    5:click browse
    6:at the top where it has the folder selection choose desktop
    7:now the alx should appear [the cod stays hidden] select it by double clicking
    8:the browse window should close and desktop manager should still be open.
    9:click next on desktop manager and proceed! your phone will reset and just let it do so before removing it from the usb
    03-09-09 03:39 PM
    Sounds easy enough, now for one last question

Can you recommend a site where I can D/L some themes for the 8350I??
    03-09-09 04:01 PM
    we have the most current and up to date themes here! thats about it! anywhere else is just going to be hard to find!
    Beta Themes are whats Available until the final release of the software is put out!
    03-09-09 04:09 PM
    I downloaded a couple of themes, but when I tried to install them I get "No additional applications designed for your device were found."

Any thoughts??

Edit-I was able to get Sunset loaded, tried Tetris again, same result
    Last edited by davidc2; 03-09-09 at 04:46 PM.
    03-09-09 04:35 PM
    just for kicks...

try hitting your meni button 2 times... i have noticed with sprint cup mobile, that when you goto exit it asks you if you are sure, well there is no "yes or no" if i hit the menu again it shows
    03-09-09 05:48 PM
    just for kicks...

try hitting your meni button 2 times... i have noticed with sprint cup mobile, that when you goto exit it asks you if you are sure, well there is no "yes or no" if i hit the menu again it shows
    Just tried that, no dice
    03-09-09 06:12 PM
    okay you have to find the themes? where'd you extract them to? this is a pc issue right? desktop manager cant find your themes?
    03-09-09 06:16 PM
    okay you have to find the themes? where'd you extract them to? this is a pc issue right? desktop manager cant find your themes?
    The link you provided worked not all of the themes were able to be installed, but I was able to install some at least

Whenever I get one installed I go into options, and switch over to the new theme.

It loads up.

I then launch Tetris. The menu does appear, but, as I scroll down with the trackwheel, each line of the menu gets erased. If I scroll back up, it stays erased, but I am able to click and select an item (have to remember what I am clicking). I can duplicate this on both of the themes JLJ has uploaded as well as Sunrise.

If I go back to one of the default themes on my BB, the same behavior happens.

What am I doing wrong?? or, any other suggestions??
    03-09-09 06:37 PM
    can you post a link to the game... lets see if its in the game
    03-09-09 06:40 PM
    can you post a link to the game... lets see if its in the game
    Here it is-

http://papped-themes.100webspace.net/

I have chosen the 83xx Curve/88xx Version

It does work (sorta, lol)
    03-09-09 06:44 PM
    how did you get it on your BB?
    Last edited by Casper34; 03-09-09 at 06:59 PM.
    03-09-09 06:56 PM
    OTA-Using the "83xx Curve/88xx Version" link.
    03-09-09 06:59 PM
    The link you provided worked not all of the themes were able to be installed, but I was able to install some at least

If I go back to one of the default themes on my BB, the same behavior happens.

What am I doing wrong?? or, any other suggestions??

Not all of the themes in the link have the menu fix (i wish! Ltheme 9 & Cbass storm could get updated!) Cbass where are you? Anyway, one that does a fine job is http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...entoday_v5.zip by dsgnjnki - Follow JLJ's instructions and load this theme. All will be well until the final fix comes in.
    03-09-09 07:40 PM
    Ok I installed it and have the menu. I am using my kahne theme. I'm on my bb so I can't post links, check the beta thread from jlj

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 07:44 PM
    Ok I installed it and have the menu. I am using my kahne theme. I'm on my bb so I can't post links, check the beta thread from jlj

That indeed the trick!!!

Thanks all for the help!!!!
    03-09-09 08:20 PM
    That indeed the trick!!!

Thanks all for the help!!!!
    No problem. Now we know its theme related.

03-09-09 08:23 PM
    So glad I found this link. Ive had a lot of problems with my brand new 8350i doing this. Its like the menu just gets overwritten by the primary screen.
    Not just with the tetris, but with TV Guide and a bunch of other apps.
    I am not having good luck running apps it seems.
    03-16-09 11:24 AM
    So glad I found this link. Ive had a lot of problems with my brand new 8350i doing this. Its like the menu just gets overwritten by the primary screen.
    Not just with the tetris, but with TV Guide and a bunch of other apps.
    I am not having good luck running apps it seems.
    just doenload a different theme and all your menus should work fine
    03-16-09 01:29 PM
    Thanks Casper!
    Out of curiosity, what caused this to happen on a stock 8350i curve? Is the stock theme messed up?
    Im new to the BB world, but Ive already setup a development environment, lol..
    I love this thing so far..
    Now my wife wants one too.
    03-16-09 02:33 PM
    no its the fact that our phones are new and there is different programing in them. some of the apps you find are not 110% compatible with the 8350. they will work for the most part, but you might not be able to use the full function of the app.

just like with all the themes, if the theme was NOT made on the plazmic builder 4.7 it will not work with our phones. so before you buy one... check, and there is a thread that has free themes here
    03-16-09 02:39 PM
    and not all of those themes made Tetris work for me. I had to experiment until I finally found one that I liked AND made the menus appear.
    03-16-09 05:13 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD