Hi everyone. I have released my new game Tank Recon 3D. This game really pushes what the Storm 2 can do. You won't have to hide from your iphone friends while playing this.

Overview

Tank Recon 3D is a first person tank game that features real-time 3D graphics (OpenGL ES). Piloting your new advanced tank, code named Alpha, you will be shooting it out with various units such as tanks, planes, AT guns and more. Play Story Mode to go on various missions or see how long you can last in Survival Mode.

Features:

Real-time 3D graphics (OpenGL ES).
    Story Mode with 4 different missions to complete.
    Instant action with Survival Mode.
    3 difficulty levels (Normal, Hard and Mental).
    9 different enemy units.
    Submit your score over the Internet leaderboard.
    Save and resume your game.
    Choose between sound effects or music.
    Use your own music for the soundtrack by making a BlackBerry Media Player Playlist.

Story

You're the Commander of a lone recon tank charged with a mission that will help end the 12 year war with the Hepion. We have developed a new advanced tank, code named Alpha. It seems that the wretched Hepion has also managed to develop their own tank, code named Beta. The race is on to see who can field their tanks first.

In a bold move and in an effort to curve the development of the Hepion tank Beta, our commanders have decided to send out our pearl. Like a raging storm, our Alpha is being rushed into a dangerous tour of duty to save our world.

04-15-10 01:25 PM
    any chance of a demo....im not saying the money isent worth it because from the pix it looks amazing and looks like it took alot of time to make..i just would like to see a demo or maybe even a video of how the game works just my 2cts.
    04-15-10 01:45 PM
    Looks cool...I might have to try this one! I do agree with the previous poster that a YouTube video or trial or something would be nice!
    04-15-10 01:58 PM
    A demo might be enough to get my $8.
    04-15-10 01:59 PM
    A youtube video is coming...
    04-15-10 02:02 PM
    will buy tonight! wahoo!
    04-15-10 02:04 PM
    Now this looks like a game worth buying ... too bd I have an S1 .. off to the marketplace I go!! Who has an S2 to sell???
    04-15-10 02:14 PM
    Looks good! Can't wait to see the vid.
    04-15-10 03:25 PM
    Its definitely a lot of fun to play..I suspect you will see the video from crackberry very soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-10 03:43 PM
    Demooooooo

04-15-10 04:13 PM
    A youtube video is coming...

would def like to see the video too!
    04-15-10 05:14 PM
    deff a great game. it runs great and i havent noticed any glitches or buggieness at all. one of my new favorite games on my blackberry (unless someone finally makes a throwback super mario)
    04-15-10 07:19 PM
    This is a great game. As always you did an awesome job Leigh!

Another great game for the Storm2 is FreddyJump! It's my favorite game. It's also by LoneDwarf
    04-15-10 07:56 PM
    love this game! worth every penny!
    04-15-10 09:29 PM
    Excellent game well worth the money!
    04-15-10 10:07 PM
    I wish a jad genesis emulator was made then leave ROM finding to the end user run standard .smd file.

04-15-10 11:03 PM
    Well, I couldn't stand waiting for a video and HAD to go ahead and purchase this tonight. Only played for a few minutes, but it seems great so far. Motion is very smooth, graphics are top notch, etc! Now I have a new game to play on the bus to work in the morning!
    04-15-10 11:43 PM
    Hey LoneDwarf quick question...

Will this game at some point be made available in App World?

Some people actually do use App World to manage their purchases unlike most members here lol
    04-16-10 02:01 AM
    Purchased earlier today, and I couldn't be happier. The graphics are excellent, and the game flows very well. Outstanding job creating this game!!!
    04-16-10 02:45 AM
    I'm going to buy this game this weekend

04-16-10 04:40 AM

Some people actually do use App World to manage their purchases unlike most members here lol
    Yes it will be in App World. According to Lone Dwarf it will take a week or two for it to be approved....
    04-16-10 05:20 AM
    Loving every second of this game!
    04-16-10 10:39 AM

The game has been submitted to App World. My experience is anywhere between 4 days and 2 weeks.
    04-16-10 10:41 AM
    So...for those of you that have purchased the game, did anyone notice the blackberry references in the first screen of the help section (someone pointed them out the blogs section)? Hepion also has a meaning if anyone can figure it out No cheating beta testers!!! lol
    04-16-10 02:22 PM
    Hepion = anagram of iPhone. Nice! Didn't notice the BB reference when I was playing earlier.
    04-16-10 02:53 PM
124 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD