Hi has anyone been able to install nes games on their bb storm? if yes how?

thanks
    02-05-09 12:37 PM
    No!

Wait about 6 more months
    02-05-09 12:38 PM
    Never happen, for the simple reason that there's no way to useably fake the controller on the touch screen.
    02-05-09 12:40 PM
    Never happen, for the simple reason that there's no way to useably fake the controller on the touch screen.
    Don't know about this...The Storm is multi-touch and the NES controller is only a d-pad and A&B...

The game would have to be part of the screen...Sort of like non-storm apps in compatibility mode...
    02-05-09 12:44 PM
    I REALLY hope this does happen, although unlikely
    02-05-09 12:45 PM
    if they work on the iphone...why wouldn't it work with the storm UI?
    02-05-09 12:46 PM
    its obvious this WILL eventually come to the storm...

oh...and it was extremely easy to implement on the iphone over a year ago so why would this be any different?
    02-05-09 12:58 PM
    I had the NES emulator on my iphone and it worked great with a mok controller.
    02-05-09 01:39 PM
    Can someone better explain how to implement a user friendly controller on the screen?

it would have to be touch sensitive and not click correct?

I would imagine a "ghost" controller that would hover over the game interface. (not familiar with how the Iphone does it)
    02-05-09 01:49 PM
    The controller on the i phone looks like a nes controller on the bottom of the screen. When you touch the buttons it reacts like pressing the actual button the controller.
    02-05-09 02:11 PM
    Duck hunt could be done without any phantom controller on the screen...hint hint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 02:13 PM
    Duck hunt could be done without any phantom controller on the screen...hint hint.

02-05-09 02:13 PM
    I miss my NES emulator on my WinMO phone :-(

Sometimes I throw it in my bag when I travel just to use as a Gameboy lol
    02-05-09 03:46 PM
    I want an SNES emulator.
    02-05-09 04:00 PM
    I just made this at work and all I had was paint, so don't make fun. This is my dream emulator.

utf-8BQkIgRU1VLmpwZw.jpg picture by DrewCSchultz1985 - Photobucket

02-05-09 08:10 PM
    Whoops, I meant to embed that.

02-05-09 08:20 PM
    The reason its so easy to do on the iphone is the core of operating system is very different than that of the blackberry O.S which is based off of the much older Java platform. Iphone was built to be an actual full functional o.s while Java much less so. I doubt if it will ever be usable on the blackberry but hey i really don't know.
    02-05-09 08:27 PM
    It will be possible for sure, sooner or later.

there are already Java based NES Emulators, bb supports java..sooo sooner or later someone will make a nes emulator for storm.
    02-05-09 08:46 PM
    I have EEMAME on a Symbian handset - it was quite cool (and hard to play with those dpads), having Ikari Warriors, New Zealand Story and Star Wars (the original vector graphics game), in my pocket on my mobile.

A SNES emulator would be great. Yoshi's Island on my phone would be great. Given Nintendo's reaction to iPhone's version of Duck Hunt (that was close - damn SureType), the success of the Wii and its virtual console will put paid to a lot of this kind of thing.

02-06-09 07:17 PM
    As much as I want this to happen..I don't think its going to happen either..
    03-21-09 01:19 AM
    there is a zelda link somewhere. the controls are hard because it uses the keyboard and you have to use the screen like a trackball to change options.

Oh yeah and there is no sound. Cant play zelda with out the theme song....Thats why I hum it while I play.
    03-21-09 01:22 PM
    I'm reviving this thread just to keep hopes up and perhaps entreat one of the developers that visit this page to make an emulator.

I'd be more than willing to pay for one, and there ARE Java-based NES emulators out there, so it's not impossible.

In fact, there was a whole website that used java to run a few hundred different NES games...can't remember the URL at the moment though...
    05-14-09 09:51 AM
    We already have a gameboy emu, somewhat...

Pokemon, with the touchscreen controller (using the numeric pad as up down left right a and b)

how far fetched is NES emu?
    05-14-09 04:03 PM
    Has anybody tried putting an nes rom in meboy?

05-14-09 04:22 PM
    The iphone does it

07-17-09 02:56 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD