Is there an way to innstall games to my memory card instead of phone memory? I have a Bold 9700, and Blackberry Desktop only innstalls to my phone memory..
    06-23-10 04:49 PM
    No. The BB will not install apps to the SD card. This as well was asked and answered many times.
    06-23-10 05:06 PM
    [QUOTE=troppan;5274539]Is there an way to innstall games to my memory card instead of phone memory? I have a Bold 9700, and Blackberry Desktop only innstalls to my phone memory..[/QU

Dont worry, youre not going to run out of memory. Ive got 25 apps, games and themes and I still have 95MB free app space left. Download away my friend.
    06-23-10 05:09 PM
    Dont worry, youre not going to run out of memory. Ive got 25 apps, games and themes and I still have 95MB free app space left. Download away my friend.
    And I get pissed every time my 9700 dips below 129MB free memory (I have like 5 themes and 3 apps)
    06-23-10 05:35 PM
    i got 3 themes, 30+ apps and still rocking 125MBs free LOL ahh the joys of knowing how to play with the java folder
    06-23-10 06:26 PM
    [QUOTE=pilsbury;5274608]
    Is there an way to innstall games to my memory card instead of phone memory? I have a Bold 9700, and Blackberry Desktop only innstalls to my phone memory..[/QU

You're never going to win the "I've go the highest file free contest" with that attitude.
    06-23-10 06:59 PM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

How do you have so much free memory with all the apps and themes? I have nothing installed except fb and my memory is just a little over 120. what am I doing wrong? I have cleaned out the memory, cleared the browser and the caches and still nothing...

06-23-10 06:59 PM
    First thing is to shrink your OS to get rid of excess garbage that most people don't want. That free'd up 48 MB's for me. Also as I recall, FB is a memory hog. Deactivate it and do a BP and see what your memory is.
    06-23-10 07:11 PM
    Yeah, I have F, 3 themes, about 20 apps and running with about 105 freee.

There is a little tool called "Shink-a-OS" and its free. You install the OS to your pc like usual, then run this and tell it what to strip out, like BBmaps if you are on ATT since we can't use it. And, all of the foreign languages, help files, default themes/wallpaper.... I use YouMail, so I strip out the Visual Voicemail to.

Anyway, when I installed the offical 602 from ATT last week,I had the JAVA folder down to 54mb before installing. That's about 30+mb less than stock.

You can do this with BB MCP, but, everytime I tried it on my 9000, I lost BBM and could not get it back.

06-23-10 08:25 PM
    we really need a sticky in this forum with the 20 most asked questions, this being one of them as there seems to be a lot of new users around.
    06-24-10 02:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD