I've seen alot of people asking how to get this on their device so I thought I'd just make a thread for it.
I'll try and make it as simple as I can:
1. Download MeBoyBuilder.jar you can find it here arktos.se - MeBoy (You must have Java installed for this to work)
2. Run MeBoyBuilder.jar, and hit Add Game, and go ahead and add whatever games you like (They must be ROM files) You can find some here CoolROM.com - Gameboy Color / GBC ROMs - A
3. After you have added the ROM, hit create MeBoy.jar, it shoud create 2 files, MeBoy.jar, and MeBoy.jad you can go ahead and delete MeBoy.jad
4. Next connect your Blackberry to your computer and find it in My Computer, it should show up as Removable Disk.
5. Open up the Removable Disk folder and drag MeBoy.jar right in there.
6. Remove your BlackBerry from your computer, and go to the Media Folder on your device.
7. Hit Menu and then Explore.
8. Next hit Media Card and then MeBoy.jar it should now install MeBoy to your device.
9. After it has finished you can find MeBoy in downloads.
If you guys have questions feel free to ask.
- 05-25-2011, 11:08 PM #8
I haven't been able to get jars to install since I upgraded to OS6.Need an app for your blog/business or want some BB10 coding help? PM me for rates
OSBB - For Devs, by Devs. : OSBB Forum on CrackBerry : Create OTAs with Dropbox : Unlock your Escreen : BB10 Escreen Unlock App : Hybriding Basics : Custom PB Browser Homepage : BB10 on PlayBook (depreciated) : BB Github Contributors : SKBR : Restoring after Downgrading : BB10 Leak Checking App (leakCheck)My Apps in BlackBerry App World - Proceeds pay for diapers
- CrackBerry Newbie
05-26-2011, 06:24 AM #9
- 1 Posts
Hi guys, it took me atleast 3-4 hours of trial and error lastnight of how to get meboy to work on my blackberry curve 8520, what I done and has worked for me, is load ONE rom at a time using induvidual .jar's here is a list of what I done.
1.Loaded up the MeboyBuilder
3.Created .Jar and .Jad
5.Copied ExampleROM.Jar to my Blackberry using the My Computer>Blackberry method
6 Pressed the Blackberry Menu key, navigated to Media
7.Pressed the Menu key again and then clicked Explore
8.Clicked on Media Card and then clicked on ExampleROM.Jar
9.It installed to the folder named Downloads
10.Went in to settings, assigned the keys ( you need to do this for EVERY rom )
And that's how I got things to run smoothly, the only problem being is that there is NO sound on the Blackberry Curve 8520 for Meboy,I don't know about other Blackberrys but I can safely say there isn't sound coming from my device