I've read about these two tower defense games... I hear addictive tower defense more often than fierce towers but interested in finding out the difference of the two (without buying them yet). Fierce towers seems to have not so cartoonish graphics that addictive tower defense has.

What do you crack(berry)heads thing?
    09-10-10 06:02 PM
    I've not played Fierce Towers, but I own Addictive Tower Defense and I can say that it is a great game. Probably the best game I've ever played on my Blackberry.

The game comes with 8 maps, some play very differently than others. Some have roads and no air units, others have no roads but have air units, and others have both roads and air units.

The towers you can build are:
    1) Gun Tower (weak ground + air tower)
    2) Cannon Tower (medium ground + air tower)
    3) Missile Launcher (strong ground tower w/ splash damage)
    4) Frost Tower (slows ground + air units and does minor damage)
    5) Lightning Tower (high damage/slow recharge ground + air tower)
    6) Flak Tower (most effective anti-air tower, can't attack ground units)

The graphics, animations, and interface are the best I've seen from a non-OpenGL Blackberry game. And the game lives up to it's name "Addictive". There are no sound effects or music, but that's fine with me because I actually listened to my Slacker streaming radio while I played. My only gripe is that Legally Addictive Games hasn't come out with any other games for the Blackberry since, and there haven't been any more maps released in about a year. But, there is still a leaderboard that has some insane competition if you think you are up for it (I can barely break the top 100 on one map).

Having said all of that. I have played the game so much that I feel like I cannot improve my score any more and would welcome another Tower Defense experience on my BB Bold 9000. If you decide to give Fierce Towers a try, let me know how it is.
    09-13-10 03:51 PM
    Wow thanks for all the info about that game. If I give it a go I'll send you a private message. I am hoping someone else comes forward and gives me as much info about the game as you have for that one.

Again, thanks.
    09-13-10 03:54 PM
    No problem!
    09-15-10 01:54 PM
    I have Fierce Towers. There are no maps (enemies and towers can go/be placed anywhere). Tower characteristics are much the same but more futuristic based. No online leaderboard but still very addictive as well.

Graphics are nice and You can press N to speed up the wave a bit. No sound but that is fine with me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-10 08:27 AM
    Thanks for the input
    10-03-10 10:02 AM
    I also have fierce towers, it's pretty slick - haven't tried addictive defense, maybe I should.
    Love your sig btw. Awesome.
    10-03-10 02:41 PM
    Thank you xD. What do you think of Fierce Towers?

I also have fierce towers, it's pretty slick - haven't tried addictive defense, maybe I should.
    Love your sig btw. Awesome.
    10-03-10 02:43 PM
    Lol, like I said, it's pretty slick. There's a couple different terrains (rivers and obstacles) and easy, medium, and hard. Hard is HARD. There's also a ten tower mode, where you only get to put up 10 towers - also very hard.
    I just got it the otehr day, probably put 6-7 hours into it so far.
    10-03-10 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD