Does anyone know if there are any games like Brother in Arms or other first person action games for the Storm. Most of the games I have seen look pretty lame. I am a new BB user so I may not be looking it in the right places.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Furst; 12-14-08 at 03:40 PM. Reason: change
    12-14-08 03:38 PM
    Brothers in Arms on the iPod Touch is pretty awesome.

As far as good quality games on the Storm you will have to wait for the app center to open. Don't hold your breath though. Games and such are not a BB specialty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 03:48 PM
    I wish the Brother is Arms could work on the BB.
    12-14-08 04:23 PM
    You don't know what your missing : )

Buy the Touch its the shiat. Movies, music, games, email,safari, best app center.

12-14-08 04:51 PM
    i sold my touch when i got the storm....LOL
    12-14-08 05:05 PM
    Unless they allow you to tap into the Gig of internal memory or the mem card good games won't happen...not enough memory for anything.
    12-14-08 05:17 PM
    why can't it run of the microsd card?
    12-14-08 06:52 PM
    why can't it run of the microsd card?

all applications and games have to be installed into the application memory part..

thats one of the biggest complained about things in the blackberry world..
    12-14-08 07:03 PM
    i must say in apples defense (which i dont do often)

i played a FREE bowling game on a buddy of mines ipod touch...

and its like an interactive game.. to throw the bowling ball down the alley you literally take your arm and wind it back (while holding the ipod touch) and follow through (so as if you were throwing a bowling ball in real life)

and depending on how your arm follows through, so if it goes straight or your arm curved to the left, the ball goes to the left..

it really is remarkable provided the ipod doesnt slip out of your hand and go flying... (they had this problem with the nintendo Wii remote controllers)
    12-14-08 09:44 PM
    I am hoping with the new touch screen that it will get devlopers more excited about designing games for it.
    12-14-08 09:55 PM
    i sold my touch when i got the storm....LOL
    Now why you go doing stupid things like that : )

12-14-08 10:02 PM
    i must say in apples defense (which i dont do often)

i played a FREE bowling game on a buddy of mines ipod touch...

and its like an interactive game.. to throw the bowling ball down the alley you literally take your arm and wind it back (while holding the ipod touch) and follow through (so as if you were throwing a bowling ball in real life)

and depending on how your arm follows through, so if it goes straight or your arm curved to the left, the ball goes to the left..

it really is remarkable provided the ipod doesnt slip out of your hand and go flying... (they had this problem with the nintendo Wii remote controllers)
    Its addicting that game.

A friend of mine develops games for Apple. He has one in beta testing right now where the camera is used as a "gun" and people will be able to play laser tag. GPS will be implemented as well showing where all the players are.

12-14-08 10:10 PM
    Brothers in Arms on the iPod Touch is pretty awesome.

As far as good quality games on the Storm you will have to wait for the app center to open. Don't hold your breath though. Games and such are not a BB specialty.

I expect that to change.....................................
    12-14-08 10:55 PM
    I was told this will let u load games from your memory card.
    Aerize Card Loader 2008
    12-14-08 10:58 PM
    I went to Aerize website and you are right. It says that the software will:
    Install and remove applications to/from an SD card,
    Run games and software only when needed,
    Enhance BlackBerry performance

Now we need the developers of the games for the Apple products to be ported over to the BB OS.
    12-15-08 08:02 AM
    I went to Aerize website and you are right. It says that the software will:
    Install and remove applications to/from an SD card,
    Run games and software only when needed,
    Enhance BlackBerry performance

Now we need the developers of the games for the Apple products to be ported over to the BB OS.
    That would be sooo nice.
    12-15-08 08:12 AM
    U can best believe RIM has the geeks they just need to let them run free is all. U have to make sense with something they put too much money into this for them not to pursue games that will use the accelerometer.
    Just mho
    12-15-08 08:20 AM
    I really wish there was an app out there that would convert Apple games to be played on the BB OS. Hopefully we will not have to wait to long for some 'first person' action games for the Storm.
    12-15-08 08:33 AM
    Don't get your hopes up Furst this whole touch thing is new to RIM and they still have a ways to with that first let alone getting FPS and/or great games. My guess is that they are a couple years out before we start seeing good games.
    12-15-08 08:51 AM
    Don't get your hopes up Furst this whole touch thing is new to RIM and they still have a ways to with that first let alone getting FPS and/or great games. My guess is that they are a couple years out before we start seeing good games.
    Ya think; I am thinking maybe mid summer. Well at least by third party developers. Because from what I am reading Apple has their games locked
    down. Maybe 3rd party developers are chomping at the bit; who knows.
    But I care.............................................. ..
    12-15-08 08:59 AM
    I can't see why third party developers would not want to develop or port games for the BB. It is a money maker for them.
    12-15-08 10:52 AM
    You all are forgetting one major problem.

Storm = no hardware video acceleration
    12-15-08 11:44 AM
    Ya think; I am thinking maybe mid summer. Well at least by third party developers. Because from what I am reading Apple has their games locked
    down. Maybe 3rd party developers are chomping at the bit; who knows.
    But I care.............................................. ..
    Tough call. I'm going strictly on speculation. Perhaps RIM will surprise us but it just doesn't seem likely.

I do hope I'm wrong : )

12-15-08 12:03 PM
    Viceversa you are beyond my knowledge know. Can you explain further.
    12-15-08 01:19 PM
    well you know how your computer uses a video card to render graphics in video games? Think of the iphone as having a decent graphics card and the storm not having one at all. sorry but I dont think we will see anything close to that of the graphics of bros in arms on the iphone.
    12-16-08 12:44 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD