** Version 1.10 is now up **

Please use this forum to discuss any issues you might find or to make comments.

**** This Game is now LIVE! ****

You can purchase it here on the CrackBerry Store: Mars Lander - Games BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    Last edited by Daniel.Black; 08-30-09 at 09:22 AM.
    08-18-09 11:07 AM
    Where is the download link?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 11:12 AM
    Where is the download link?

Sorry Joe, I sent you here and then didn't have the link in place.
    08-18-09 11:17 AM
    Sweet will try it out today !
    08-18-09 11:37 AM
    Tour owner here...
    Just downloaded but it will be a little while until I can test and reply.

Question: will you update this post throughout the day as you make revisions? Will the version number remain 1.0 during beta even with changes?

08-18-09 12:01 PM
    Tour owner here...
    Just downloaded but it will be a little while until I can test and reply.

Question: will you update this post throughout the day as you make revisions? Will the version number remain 1.0 during beta even with changes?

Updates will only happen about once every couple of days so we can collect the issues and make appropriate changes.

Unlike the previous beta, we will be changing the version numbers as we proceed through testing.

Thanks for helping out!
    08-18-09 12:11 PM
    Excellent game will give it a try later when I get home from work.

08-18-09 12:13 PM
    Thanks Daniel, just got it downloaded. I will report back shortly.

08-18-09 12:24 PM
    Daniel,

I got MarsLander downloaded and installed fine, the first time I tried to load the game it loaded fine, but on level one as soon as the ship started to descend I tried to use the track ball to steer and the game froze up and no controls worked. I then tried a battery pull and now the game is getting stuck at the "loading" screen
    08-18-09 01:32 PM
    *Update* tried another battery pull and the game loaded
    08-18-09 01:36 PM
    Was able to control the ship via the 2, 5,and 6 keys. But using the trackball is causing the game to freeze up on me. I am having to exit and restart the game. It is how ever allowing me to continue from where I left off
    08-18-09 01:39 PM
    Made it to the 2nd level and as soon as I touch any keys the game froze
    08-18-09 01:46 PM
    Made it to the 2nd level and as soon as I touch any keys the game froze
    Hi Joe, boy now that is strange. I haven't experienced these sort of issues, other than the lock up on loading, although it wasn't a genuine lockup because I was able to press the menu button and close the game.

I wonder how much free memory you have and or what other apps you have that might be affecting it?

Has anyone else seen any issues l like this?
    08-18-09 04:06 PM
    We have had over 40 downloads, but so far only a couple of people have commented, so I have decided to extend the downloads another day in hopes that others will participate.
    08-18-09 11:12 PM
    what are the risks associated with downloading and being a beta tester. would love to help out but not sure wat i getting self into
    08-19-09 03:37 AM
    Daniel,

I have 97mb of free memory. And most of the freezes have not been "true" freezes because I can press the menu key and close too. Just the little ship stops and will not do anything. As for third party apps I am running. I have slacker, uber twitter, sensobi, google sync, tether berry, launch pad, color ID, opera mini, and quick launch. So I don't know if any of those could be affecting the game or not. But I even made sure I closed all apps and still did the same thing.

08-19-09 03:41 AM
    Daniel,

I have 97mb of free memory. And most of the freezes have not been "true" freezes because I can press the menu key and close too. Just the little ship stops and will not do anything. As for third party apps I am running. I have slacker, uber twitter, sensobi, google sync, tether berry, launch pad, color ID, opera mini, and quick launch. So I don't know if any of those could be affecting the game or not. But I even made sure I closed all apps and still did the same thing.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the summary, I think I'm going to wait and see how many others are experiencing this and then try to narrow down causes.
    08-19-09 06:35 AM
    That's cool Daniel

08-19-09 06:58 AM
    this game seems to be working extremely well on my 8900, it was running a bit sluggish after the initial install but a battery pull fixed that. running with about 110mb file free on os 4.6.1.250 and no other apparent problems. thanks for the opportunity to test this game.
    08-19-09 07:58 AM
    Great game no problems so far!
    08-19-09 02:20 PM
    I just downloaded it and am using the Tour. So far I cant get past the loading screen, even after a battery pull. Despite not having made it past the first loading screen, I would suggest having a sound option before anything when opening the game. I don't want to be bored in a meeting, open up the game, and unknowingly be greeted by a nasa countdown, although it could make for a good laugh.

Thats my suggestion! The game looks great though and I hope I can get it to work!
    08-19-09 02:51 PM
    I just downloaded it and am using the Tour. So far I cant get past the loading screen, even after a battery pull. Despite not having made it past the first loading screen, I would suggest having a sound option before anything when opening the game. I don't want to be bored in a meeting, open up the game, and unknowingly be greeted by a nasa countdown, although it could make for a good laugh.

Thats my suggestion! The game looks great though and I hope I can get it to work!
    Yes actually the sound can be turned off once inside and then it does not play for future loads.

I am very concerned about the lockups on loading...
    08-19-09 04:50 PM
    I know it's been reported, but I can't get past the loading screen. Running on a Tour.

08-20-09 01:30 AM
    dont mind beta testing this mail me a link or something [email protected]
    08-21-09 12:34 AM
    We are working on the next version with all updates and hope to have this out in next day or so. At that time we will post it here for everyone to test.
    08-21-09 08:28 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD