I was looking specifically at SimCity and Call of Duty: World at War. Problem is, I don't know exactly HOW compatible the games are. I purchased Spore, which was listed as compatible, and it runs basically in compatibility mode--half screen, keyboard controls, no touch function. But I've also purchased Wolfenstein RPG, which was fully (I guess) optimized for touchscreen devices.

I don't want to waste 10 bucks on something that's not really totally compatible. Anyone have any word on SimCity or CoD?
    05-26-09 02:11 PM
    I haven't purchased any of theses games but a friend of mine has Madden '09. From what he told me it is alright. He said that it feels just like if you were playing the Nintendo DS version of the game. He also said that there isn't too much variety in what you can do in the game.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 02:46 PM
    Just went to the ea mobile website. When I went to search for my phone and clicked RIM Blackberry, it only lists Curve, World Edition and Pearl. I've played Wolfenstein RPG on my Storm (I even posted a video review of it), so this indicates to me that EA mobile games come with that same kind of control scheme you found on that Wolfenstein RPG. It was a great game really, just a shame you played on half a sceen.
    05-26-09 04:39 PM
    I was looking specifically at SimCity and Call of Duty: World at War. Problem is, I don't know exactly HOW compatible the games are. I purchased Spore, which was listed as compatible, and it runs basically in compatibility mode--half screen, keyboard controls, no touch function. But I've also purchased Wolfenstein RPG, which was fully (I guess) optimized for touchscreen devices.

I don't want to waste 10 bucks on something that's not really totally compatible. Anyone have any word on SimCity or CoD?
    EA is made of phail dont get any of the games for the blackeberry.
    05-26-09 04:50 PM
    Just went to the ea mobile website. When I went to search for my phone and clicked RIM Blackberry, it only lists Curve, World Edition and Pearl. I've played Wolfenstein RPG on my Storm (I even posted a video review of it), so this indicates to me that EA mobile games come with that same kind of control scheme you found on that Wolfenstein RPG. It was a great game really, just a shame you played on half a sceen.
    That's what I'm hoping, though like I mentioned, Spore was supposedly Storm-compatible but ran only in compatibility mode. I don't want to waste my money on a game for the Storm unless it's touchscreen optimized.
    05-26-09 06:26 PM
    That's what I'm hoping, though like I mentioned, Spore was supposedly Storm-compatible but ran only in compatibility mode. I don't want to waste my money on a game for the Storm unless it's touchscreen optimized.
    You are not asking for too much. Unfortunately, there's only a handful of good games out there for the Storm, none of which have good graphics. Comes with the territory I guess.
    05-26-09 06:35 PM
    both ea's tetris' work
    05-26-09 11:49 PM
    So I guess no one knows about SimCity? I'm not gonna bump the thread up repeatedly, but I was really hoping someone knew. So far, the intarwebs have been inconclusive on Storm functionality.
    05-27-09 09:03 AM
    Bejeweled worked great on my storm. I bought it thru handango.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 09:27 AM
    I won a copy of a SIMS game from CES for my Storm and i am glad i did not pay for it. I cannot get all of the movements to work. Basically i got my SIM stuck in a corner and could not get him out. I emailed EA for support and got no answer. Very disappointing. DO NOT BUY A SIM GAME!!!
    05-27-09 09:28 AM
    TIKI TOWERS (not ea) has some GREAT graphics... just runs a little sluggish on the storm, amazing game still though.

unfortunately we will not see great, smooth graphics on the storm until RIM finally gets around to busting out some hardware acceleration.

Java is painfully slow
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 05-27-09 at 10:34 AM.
    05-27-09 10:31 AM
    Guess I WON'T use my coupon on the Sims 3!
    06-11-09 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD