UPDATE: TibiaME

THERE IS FINALLY A BLACKBERRY CLIENT! It's in beta stages now, but we finally can play an MMORPG on our BlackBerry's! Check the site above for more info!

TibiaME is a MMORPG game for mobile phones. I've tried getting it to work on my family's 8330s with out success. I'm wondering if anyone here plays it and gotten it to work on their blackberrys

TibiaME - Home - XHTML-MP

I do know there is no client made for the bb, but it's a jar game. I don't see why it wouldn't work. But when I loaded it, my bb would reset
    Last edited by Tsudeily; 01-29-11 at 10:33 AM.
    09-10-09 06:23 AM
    This looks interesting ill let you know if it works on my Curve
    09-10-09 09:59 AM
    Good luck, but note that since there is no version specifically made for blackberrys that you'll have to rely on your numberpad to navigate in the game, if it even works. Also the screen size will be off as it's not a full resolution client yet.
    09-10-09 10:03 AM
    If you look under RIM for manufacturer it seems that they do supoort BB... but no app for the tour specifically.
    09-14-09 10:09 AM
    I think it's just a list of EVERY phone manufacturer. :\ Atleast the last time I tried downloading the blackberry one it failed to work.

EDIT: tibiame_j2me_154_free.jar is the file listed for the 8330. Same file I downloaded to my sanyo katana II. They just have them listed. No actual client specifically for a blackberry

If you look under RIM for manufacturer it seems that they do supoort BB... but no app for the tour specifically.
    09-14-09 10:18 AM
    Has anybody been able to get to this to work on the Tour (Verizon)?

When I try to login I get "Login server not found."

I've checked support at Tibia's website and it says something about setting up APN, but this is my first BB and from what I can find online these settings aren't needed with Verizon these days..

Also tried Age of Heroes Online for mobile, but had the same kind of connection issues..

Play on mobile, Install java files: jad and jar file for mobile RPG game, Age of Heroes Online
    09-29-09 05:40 PM
    Got it to work on my Storm, but the controls are seriously screwed up.
    10-01-09 12:24 AM
    I had a feeling it would be messed up for the storm. :\
    10-01-09 06:31 AM
    I just tried to play it on my bold. It seemed to have a fitting resolution, but I couldn't figure out for the life of my what the key scheme was. I ended up naming my character Tempo, because I couldn't type any other coherent words. Once I got into the game under the name Tempo, I couldn't do anything. I was supposed to talk to someone named Bianca, I think. I managed to move over to her, but I couldn't figure out how to interact with her.

This would be a wonderful game to play, if it worked. It's just uncontrollable.
    10-01-09 09:23 PM
    Try using the keys that have the numbers on them to navigate. Also to interact with an NPC (non player character) such as Bianca, walk into her.
    10-01-09 09:33 PM
    I'm a tibiame fan- lvl 21 war w18. I'm having the same problem on my bold 9700 and yes I heard about the apn settings having something to do with getting it to work and from what someone else in the game told me what their settings it has something to do with your service provider like provider.iph or something... Sorry I'm still trying to get further and I'm having to switch to my e63 to play it.. Good luck, I will update if I have luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-10 09:03 AM
    I would love to play, but was never able to login on my 8530 or 8230. (Crashed the 8230 when I had it and sent it into reboots) 8530 I get to the login screen and that's it. I played Tibia for a little bit.
    05-11-10 01:29 PM
    I created a post about this exact same problem asking the dev's why they don't bother to create a client for support for blackberry as it's added revenue. I encourage you all to post a rely and add to the poll to create some buzz about the BB community wanting to join in on the fun. I for one think it would be a great game and have been waiting for a zelda overhead style game for my cell phone for a long time!

Link here
    05-14-10 10:37 AM
    Replied on the tibiame site. :P
    05-14-10 10:45 AM
    Im using the Blackberry Curve 8520, can anybody tell me which version I need to download from the TibiaME website and where I put that file once I download it.
    07-28-10 02:00 PM
    Well CIP announced they will be working on a smartphone client. However Blackberry once again is not included. THey are focusing on the iPhone/iPod touch right now. I must say it looks good.. But I don't own a single apple product. Oh well I miss out again

Im using the Blackberry Curve 8520, can anybody tell me which version I need to download from the TibiaME website and where I put that file once I download it.
    07-28-10 05:26 PM
    Does anyone know if TibiaME is for touch screen phones only?
    09-23-10 03:03 PM
    No it's not just for touchscreens. I play it on my spare dumbphone.

Does anyone know if TibiaME is for touch screen phones only?
    09-23-10 03:18 PM
    Has anyone got this working properly, or at least somewhat playable, on any blackberry model? I've never had success on my 9000, and its definitely not because of APN settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-10 06:04 PM
    8330, 9650 fails here. I got it to work on a simulator though lol, but that doesn't count
    09-25-10 04:02 PM
    I got a 8530 Curve, and when I attempt to log-in it says "log-in server not found!" and puts me back at the main menu. I've been fiddeling with the options, and all that for a few days now, still no luck. Anyone else got/get that before? If so, what did you do? Did it fix the problem?

Thank youuuuuuuuu!
    09-30-10 02:37 PM
    I think we may be just doomed until CIPsoft makes a BlackBerry client. It's rather insulting that their first major mobile client was for the iPhone. I've been putting pressure on them for years to develop one for BlackBerry smartphones as have others with no luck. :\
    09-30-10 04:13 PM
    There is finally a BlackBerry client! Check my first post for the link!
    01-29-11 10:34 AM
    Awesome! Just seen your updated post. Going to try it out now
    02-01-11 10:14 PM
    I hope you like it. It's not as nice as my iPod version by anymeans but nice to have it on a Berry

Awesome! Just seen your updated post. Going to try it out now
    02-01-11 10:17 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD