Hi All,

I've been experiencing some difficulty accessing videos from the youtube app. I've searched through these forums to find the answer to my problem, but none was found that could help me... Anyway, my problem is i downloaded
    the Youtube app for the storm, i have an unlocked verizon handset that i use with ROGERS. I keep encountering "PlayerException: Cannot open tunnel Cause: java.io,IOException: Cannot open tunnel. This message happens everytime i try to access a video. Deos anyone know how to fix this?

Please help.

JmorE
    04-14-09 10:39 AM
    Call ur carrier. Ask them to reset u on the system. When u turn the phone back on do a battery pull. This should fix it. It fixed mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 10:54 AM
    I got the same message this morning.
    I was thinking maybe I needed to enable Java first and retry YouTube but didn't get around to trying that.
    I used You Tube 2 days ago without this issue.
    04-14-09 10:59 AM
    Its youtube. Mine has been the same way lately. I deleted the app and rebooted after reinstalling and its still screwed up.

04-14-09 10:59 AM
    Thats y i said for u guys to call ur carrier. Explain the trouble they will tell u call from another phone tell them u dont have one. They will tell u they will reset u to the network when u hang up. When the phone comes back on do a battery pull trust me it worked for me and besides all the phones had the same problem since saturday nite sunday. Go for it. Whats it gonna hurt?

04-14-09 11:31 AM
    i will give it a try ronnie... i will let you know the outcome...

JmorE
    04-14-09 11:38 AM
    I would think it won't do a thing. The network and phone work perfectly. Its within their app program. Sometimes certain videos just won't play and you get the tunnel or exception notification. The phone steams fine on some videos. I find that it plays nearly anything I searched for and nearly nothing off of the popular menus. Just my experience.

04-14-09 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD