Hey all, first time posting, lurking for a few months. I have a question about the new software update. It took forever for me to get the new software loaded because I kept running into apparently some common problem of the BBerry turning off halfway through it or something like that then getting a 507 error (or was it 503), either way...

When I got it up and running all my apps had disappeared, there were no contacts (reloaded those from the backup), and the browser had disappeared too. I checked some threads and got the browser and internet back, the apps I wasn't too concerned about I downloaded the ones i primarily use again (iheartradio, pandora, yahoo fantasy football, facebook, nhl)...

But I can't find youtube on there at all. I found some instructions through the google that said go to m.google/youtube, so went there and it said that the Storm is not a compatible phone? Obviously this isn't the case, since it used to be compatible, and the gf's phone still has it.

Also can anyone answer why .avi files won't play anymore? I used to be able to watch them on the old format. All in all I enjoy the new update, but with these two problems, not so much.

Thanks for the help.

Before I forget, yes, this was the official update that I put on there, not someone elses software.
    11-14-09 11:55 AM
    buehler? would really enjoy this youtube app back
    11-15-09 03:42 PM
    This is the only one I got to work for me. Hope it helps.

http://www.p3designs.info/files/youtube.jad
    11-15-09 07:05 PM
    still new, how do i apply one of those files? access this page and click the link on the Bberry? or save it to my desktop and connect the usb?
    11-16-09 04:20 PM
    You can either type it in the phone browser,make sure you have Blackberry selected for your browser identification (Open Browser>Menu>Options>Browser Config.>Browser Identification)or, highlight the address and sen yourself an email to your phone. If you choose the later, you will have to copy the address from your email and paste address in the browser.

This is the older version of Youtube. It works until Google fixes the problem and gives us an update.
    11-16-09 05:47 PM
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-24-09 02:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD