Hello ! Is anyone else using this app ? I think its great ! Its a lot better than the visual voicemail that would usually be on your phone already. You can set certain greetings for certain callers and they'll greet them using their name! I think its pretty neat

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 04:21 AM
    Yep, use it and love it... mainly.

Except for the fact that no matter how many times I uncheck email notification in Preferences, it turns itself back on and spams my Gmail with notifications of voice mail. I don't need it emailed to me, YouMail alerts me just fine
    03-30-10 10:41 AM
    Can't you set up the same thing with Google Voice?
    03-30-10 10:52 AM
    I love YouMail. I've used it for about a year. Great app but I too have the problem with receiving double notifications only mine are text notifications and I can't find a way to turn them off so I just deal with it.
    03-30-10 11:22 AM
    I love YouMail. I've used it for about a year. Great app but I too have the problem with receiving double notifications only mine are text notifications and I can't find a way to turn them off so I just deal with it.
    Using YouMail version 0.97.0.4 here. If I open YouMail -> BlackBerry button -> Settings -> Alerts, it downloads my settings from online. Here I was able to uncheck everything from "Alert by SMS", then exits and save when prompted. This worked for me to make the sms messages stop.

I might have worked out how to fix this unwanted notification problem. I went to YouMail.com, logged in, then set my "Choose Your New Message Alerts" and other preferences as prompted. Once done, I went to my BlackBerry's YouMail app's Alert options, and it had rechecked both the SMS and Email notification Going back to YouMail.com, I then went to My Account -> My Alerts. Here it lists all options! I unchecked them all, saved, went back to my phone, and now everything stays unchecked in Alert options! Hooray!

Hopefully now there won't be any more email spam, just the proper app indicator.
    03-30-10 11:52 AM
    Youmail has been pretty good to me. The only problem I notice is that sometimes it takes a few minutes for the voicemail to come to the app. I will get the email of a new VM, but it won't be in the app until I choose "check for messages". But even sometimes when I do that, I've had times when the messages didn't show up.
    03-30-10 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD