Has anyone done the new one? What's your thoughts?
    11-12-10 05:53 PM
    The reviews on App World say it sucks! I guess they just plastered it with ads; so, I'll refrain from upgrading.
    11-13-10 12:57 PM
    Works great. For me the only significant difference is that the first line of the transcription appears also in the main message list. I guess that is nice.

I pay $18/mo for near-perfect transcriptions and I love it. The quality of the transcription is superb and much much better than google voice. I never have to listen to the message due to a poor transcription. I see no ads.

I guess one thing I haven't figured out is that my audio file "you have new voicemail" plays each time I click on a new message, not only when a new message comes in. I am not sure why. I haven't tried to fix it.

I am just such a fan of youmail. My customers tell me they love the personalized outgoing message when they call. I don't tell them that the far better feature is that when they leave me a voicemail I don't have to listen to 60 seconds of "um, uh, youknow" since I just read the transcription.
    11-13-10 05:55 PM
    I love it too!
    11-14-10 12:39 AM
    Has anyone done the new one? What's your thoughts?
    I think it SUCKS. I'm a casual user, and don't need the expanded features of the subscription versions, so the free version worked just fine for me. At least it did before this "upgrade". I supposed I could live with the ads (they gotta make some dough somehow, I guess), but now I'm experiencing random lockups with the app, and downloading of my messages seem to take forever.

Is there any way to roll-back this app to the previous version?
    11-16-10 08:06 AM
    They added ads to the new one. It's not that bad that you can't use the app. I thought I was going crazy. I guess I was using an older version when I had OS 6.0.0.280 installed, then upgraded when I installed OS 6.0.0.333 because first thing I noticed when using the app was the ads. I haven't experienced any problems from the new app, though, in terms of random lockups and problems downloading my messages.
    11-16-10 11:50 AM
    Just upgraded and the app seems smoother. Also, the ads are by no means over intrusive.
    12-08-10 02:24 PM
    I haven't updated because the new version is only available from App World. My current version 2.0.0.4 is treating me good still so I have no real need to update. Maybe if I could find an ota download I might try it though.
    12-08-10 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD