Is anyone having trouble with the clarity of youmail messages? Mine sound horrible and all messages come with a strong crackling sound behind the voice message.

First I thought it was only one person with a connection problem, but every message sounds the same now. Think of an old school land line with a damaged/loose wire. I'm close to deleting this app cause of this problem. And I've used youmail for a long time now and its only the last few updates that have sounded like this.
    09-13-09 05:49 PM
    I use and love YouMail.

I know exactly what you mean.

I called them and asked them if paying for the premium service would enable me to some kind of better quality recording for lack of better words. The request was sadly denied.

Its actually not the record quality. Its more of the download quality to your cell phone. Well maybe its both.

Daniel Shaw W.

try this

log online at
    YouMail.com

and listen to a few of your messages though your PC speakers, and see if you notice any increase in the quality of the audio.
    if you do then when you are on your phone ..

try this...
    from your phone dial (714) 204-3113 (YOUMAIL'S VOICE-MAIL NUMBER) and you will hear the phone call in that "pc quality" witch might or might not sound better to you.

yes that is complitaly so not the point of YouMail, but I guess you get what you pay for. and as we all know , well maybe we didnt

YouMail is FREE!
    09-14-09 01:50 AM
    funny thing is that it was nevwer this way. Its only after the latest builds that the cracking sound comes out
    09-14-09 01:19 PM
    Hi...first I've heard of this (though I recognize you may have told our support). Can you guys e-mail to marketing AT youmail.com your youmail account # (cell phone) so we can dig in and see if we can figure out what's happening?

FWIW, this isn't likely to be app issue, but issue with our underlying telco partner who terminates calls at YouMail.

Alex
    09-14-09 04:49 PM
    Is anyone having trouble with the clarity of youmail messages? Mine sound horrible and all messages come with a strong crackling sound behind the voice message.

First I thought it was only one person with a connection problem, but every message sounds the same now. Think of an old school land line with a damaged/loose wire. I'm close to deleting this app cause of this problem. And I've used youmail for a long time now and its only the last few updates that have sounded like this.
    Mine does the same exact thing. The messages are very crackled and fuzzy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 05:29 PM
    Hi...first I've heard of this (though I recognize you may have told our support). Can you guys e-mail to marketing AT youmail.com your youmail account # (cell phone) so we can dig in and see if we can figure out what's happening?

FWIW, this isn't likely to be app issue, but issue with our underlying telco partner who terminates calls at YouMail.

Alex
    hey Alex,

I sent you guys the same e-mail msg as this post. Do you want me to send you my account info to the same customer support address?
    09-14-09 07:05 PM
    We've dug into it and it turns our underlying telco imposed some serious capacity constraints without letting us know - that caused the issues w/quality on some voicemails. It's fixed now, and please believe us, they will never do that again.

Thanks for helping make us aware of the issue.
    09-15-09 04:14 PM
    good thing Alex. Thanks for the fix
    09-15-09 05:04 PM
    Thanks alex for the quick reply and fix!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD