Is anyone else having this problem? I go to youmail.com, and sign up for a new account. It says it's texting me an activation code, but it doesn't, despite trying several times.

It says that if the text message doesn't come, you can call a number to get activated, so I did-and I got a "you have dialed a non functioning number" alert.

I'm on an 8830/Verizon and have used several web sites that send texts for activation and it always works.

Ideas?

Thanks,

split
    07-09-08 02:34 PM
    Use Gmail if you have the choice. Google has so many neat free apps.
    07-09-08 02:41 PM
    I use Youmail and did not have a problem with the text. Try to power off your phone and see if text comes. I just had my friend activate hers and it worked fine. Maybe its not compatible with Verizon.
    07-09-08 02:49 PM
    Use Gmail if you have the choice. Google has so many neat free apps.
    go to YouMail - Cell Phone Voice Mail with Personalized Greetings and Online Retrieval

after you check it out, please hit yourself in the face with a hammer.
    07-09-08 06:48 PM
    lol.

Thanks gang. Of course, immediately after I posted this I got all 3 text messages.

Here's my take on it so far:

It's cool as ****. I have it configured not to give me any text messages, as the email it sends has all of that info it-and has the voicemail attached as a mp3 file!

The ONLY thing I think I'd like to add to this would be a home screen "new Youmail" indicator icon, as the only way I currently know I have VM is if I look at new emails.

Anyone know if this is possible, or if there's another way (app) that could help me achieve this?

Thanks,

split
    07-09-08 07:28 PM
    lol.

Thanks gang. Of course, immediately after I posted this I got all 3 text messages.

Here's my take on it so far:

It's cool as ****. I have it configured not to give me any text messages, as the email it sends has all of that info it-and has the voicemail attached as a mp3 file!

The ONLY thing I think I'd like to add to this would be a home screen "new Youmail" indicator icon, as the only way I currently know I have VM is if I look at new emails.

Anyone know if this is possible, or if there's another way (app) that could help me achieve this?

Thanks,

split
    i just put my messages folder on my homescreen... it gets a marker on it when a new message arrives.
    07-09-08 08:31 PM
    [QUOTE/]after you check it out, please hit yourself in the face with a hammer.[/QUOTE]

Now that's funny!!!!!!!!
    07-10-08 12:54 AM
    I just signed up!
    11-18-08 08:17 PM
    I believe there is a setting on your youmail account page to keep your VM indicator current. It is under the txt alert section so I believe you have to be getting txt notifications to do this. I haven't tried it myself as I have limited text allowance and prefer notification by email.

MB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD