Source: YouMail Free Visual Voicemail Plus App Gets Updated | BerryReview.com �

The official YouMail Visual Voicemail Plus application was off to a rocky start. It was originally released with a good number of bugs that turned people off. Many people are still swearing by the free unofficial VyMail since it includes features that were not in the official client like saving to the SD card from what I hear. Maybe YouMail needs to cave and hire Joe Krill for their own app�

YouMail gave me the following change log for their latest release:

Supports the BlackBerry Storm, WELL
    Uses compatibility mode (the keyboard is shown visually on the screen), providing users a true free alternative to the paid VV that comes on the Stor
    Added a number of settings that users can use to customize the application:
    Dealing with limited memory on some phone models, which was causing many of the reported issues
    Users can choose where to store the audio files (memory or cards)
    Users can select the maximum number of messages to store on the phone
    Control over how messages are played
    In general, it�s much smarter about speakers vs. headsets vs. handset
    Users have settings where they can override the behavior (e.g., always speaker, etc.)
    Users can control whether messages are played automatically or manually
    Download control
    Users can control whether messages are downloaded automatically or manually
    Addressed and improved numerous issues and reported by users including problems with the UI, connectivity and authentication issues
    Improved the visual appearance of the application (readability, icons, formatting better optimized on different devices, etc.)
    Its good to see that the client is still in active development. Hopefully it will keep on getting better. I gave up ages ago on the official PhoneTag client�

You can pick up the latest version at m.youmail.com/ota

I love this service and have been using it for a couple months now, no complaints.
    02-26-09 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD