Youmail is one of those apps that assumes you want it to load on a reboot. I personally don't use Youmail's push notifications for voicemail, rather receive an email when I get a new voicemail. Therefore, I have no real need to have Youmail running in the background all day. I have to exit out of Youmail once the OS boots.

I looked at old threads about controlling app booting (like msconfig.exe on Windows), but they didn't seem to find any results. Wondering if there are anyone's figured out any solutions?

StartMeUp can control what you want to load on reboot, but doesn't control what you don't want loaded
    07-30-10 12:18 PM
    Do you even need to have the youmail app on your BB? If you set your alerts at youmail.com isn't that sufficient?

I use youmail and like to get the messages pushed to my BB.
    07-30-10 12:22 PM
    Haha I totally forgot Youmail had a website. I'll check that out. But I like having an inbox of voicemail (the Youmail app).
    07-30-10 12:24 PM
    You can set your email alerts to include an MP3 file.
    07-30-10 12:33 PM
    Youmail is one of those apps that assumes you want it to load on a reboot. I personally don't use Youmail's push notifications for voicemail, rather receive an email when I get a new voicemail. Therefore, I have no real need to have Youmail running in the background all day. I have to exit out of Youmail once the OS boots.

I looked at old threads about controlling app booting (like msconfig.exe on Windows), but they didn't seem to find any results. Wondering if there are anyone's figured out any solutions?

StartMeUp can control what you want to load on reboot, but doesn't control what you don't want loaded
    How long was it taking your OS to boot? My 9650 has been down now and trying to load for the last 20 minutes! It's stuck on the "Verizon" screen, and this is right after I did a battery pull due to the installation of Youmail app slowing my OS down to a ridiculous level.
    09-02-10 08:24 AM
    I switched to Google Voice, which made Youmail completely obsolete. I use it for text messaging too so I don't want to close it
    09-02-10 10:02 AM
    No answer to the original question, but I just LOVE youmail. I pay for the transcriptions, maybe $18/mo and it is the best money I spend. The transcriptions are great and I seldom listen to voicemail anymore.

I do use the youmail app and I like it.

I am unable to post the "You missed a call" and "You have new voicemail" sounds I use since I cannot post links.
    09-03-10 12:21 AM
    To answer the original question, there is no app that I'm aware of that will prevent another app from autoloading. Taking Youmail as an example, if it's not running in the background, you will not get your voicemail, so why even have it on your device. Same goes for something like BBM. You won't get notifications of new messages (or the message), so why have it if you don't plan to use it?
    09-03-10 06:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD