I havent noticed any battery drain, and it doesnt start up and run in the back ground when I boot my phone on.. All you do is call the number, than it automatically forwards your 'missed' calls to the 3rd party server or whatever than notifies you of it.. then you can just hit play and listen to it via your media player, or online
    08-11-09 02:40 PM
    youmail is the best voicemail for your blackberry by far!!! the ability to look at an app or login to youmail.com and listen or delete voicemails in whatever order you want is huge. also the email and txt notifications are great with the transcriptions. i do not pay for it and it still does everything I need....heres an idea...do not RUN the app when you do not need to go through your voicemails!! LOL

DUHHHHHHHHHHHH
    i was getting ready to say the same thing, why ditch the app, JUST CLOSE IT and run it when you want to listen to vm's or change your active gretting. You people kill me with the extreme measures you take to solve a simple issue.

Hey I noticed that if I leave my car running all night while I'm sleep it will run out of gas, so I sold the car and solved that issue? Pure gold.

Me, I'll just shut off the car when I'm done with it.
    08-11-09 03:40 PM
    i was getting ready to say the same thing, why ditch the app, JUST CLOSE IT and run it when you want to listen to vm's or change your active gretting. You people kill me with the extreme measures you take to solve a simple issue.

Hey I noticed that if I leave my car running all night while I'm sleep it will run out of gas, so I sold the car and solved that issue? Pure gold.

you and your CRAZY ideas/ways of life!!!!!!!

08-12-09 06:17 AM
    I never had a batteryvissue with it, but I did notice a major memory leak. That's why I deleted it
    08-12-09 10:25 AM

Mine still drained my app memory even after closing it. I just have it send me an e-mail when I get a voice mail.
    08-12-09 12:54 PM
    Mine still drained my app memory even after closing it. I just have it send me an e-mail when I get a voice mail.
    How are you so sure it's youmail? If the app is closed, it's closed. I have been using it for a long while now and never saw any leaks. I just don't see the point of VISUAL voice mail with no VISUAL? If you're gonna have it send you a notification when you receive an email, then call in or go to the net and log in, you may as well use your stock voice mail.
    08-12-09 01:37 PM
    How are you so sure it's youmail? If the app is closed, it's closed. I have been using it for a long while now and never saw any leaks. I just don't see the point of VISUAL voice mail with no VISUAL? If you're gonna have it send you a notification when you receive an email, then call in or go to the net and log in, you may as well use your stock voice mail.
    It sends me an e-mail where I can click on play and listen to the message. I am pretty sure it was YouMail draining my memory because nothing else changes other than installing that App. It would drop a few MB every hour and I know it was closed. My app memory is stable right now (dropping maybe 2 MB each day) so I will try it again and see if it drains it.

I like it for the personalized greetings.
    08-12-09 04:09 PM
    I tested it and the same thing happened. I installed it just over 3 hours ago and my app memory is down by 10 MB! My app memory did not drop 10 MB in 5 days before the install of the YouMail app. I installed it, signed in, let it check my messages and then I exited out of the program. It asked me if I really wanted to exit and I said yes.
    08-12-09 07:20 PM
    good post, alex1...

I deleted the app due to huge battery drain. So bad that my Tour had to live on a USB cord as much as it could during the day. vymail is the solution. The youmail app is great in function, but not with the battery drain.

As for the sarcastic "don't run the app" responses... the app starts itself automatically on boot. Until RIM gives us a way to modify our startup items, deleting the app is the only other option.
    08-30-09 08:09 PM
    I have noticed a huge battery increase after using the visual voice mail, switching to only 2G and turning off the GPS location. It has been an amazing change.
    08-30-09 08:37 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD