This weekend I learnt how to get apps on my phone, I never thought I could because I don't have a data plan but I just make sure I get 3rd party ones.

I've downloaded 2 good weather apps but both of them keep causing my text tone to ring and I get a pop-up on screen saying something about how I've got to have at least 17p to do something and I remember seeing the word WAP aswell. It's really annoying and it woke me up in the night too, I kept pressing OK but there was 7 of them all piled on top of eachother. I didn't know how to stop it without deleting the app so I had to do that

Is there anyway I can switch this off? I don't recall editing any WAP settings as I don't bother with that but I don't know how to fix it!
    06-06-10 05:52 AM
    thats a message from your network telling you you dont have enough credit for the app to make the connection, the weather apps will try to connect to the internet on a regular basis to update.
    06-06-10 07:32 AM
    Thanks

So if I did have enough credit (ran out yesterday!) it would use some everytime it connected? Is it like that for all weather apps?

I don't suppose you know of one that doesn't charge?
    06-06-10 07:51 AM
    They will all do that, since they connect to the network to get the most up to date weather for your area.

What you can do is set the update frequency to never, so you have control of when it updates. By default they will update anywhere from every 30 minutes to 3 hours.
    06-06-10 07:53 AM
    Weather apps don't cast money to update, however the data they use does. So you either need to get a data plan or set your app to only update when you tell it to.

I suggest just getting a data plan, a blackberry just isn't a blackberry without one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-10 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD