VZW Curve 8330 (4.5.0.77)

Have been using BBAlerts for a couple of months without incident. Colored LEDs are set up and working fine.

Now I'd like to set it up that when the BB is using the "Phone Only" profile that I get just that...phone only (i.e. no LED). Regardless of what I do, I continue to get the LED. I'm fairly confident that it's BBAlerts controlling it because I'm getting the different colors when I test it.

Here's a rundown of the settings:

BB Alerts: Out of Holster-None; Volume-Mute; Repeat Notification-None / In Holster = Ditto
    Messages: [[email protected]] Out of Holster-None; Volume-Mute; Repeat Notification-None / In Holster = Ditto
    SMS Text: Out of Holster-None; Volume-Mute; Repeat Notification-None / In Holster = Ditto

Audio Type=Profile
    Idle Alert=Disabled
    Vibrate on Alert = Unchecked
    Program Controls LED = Both

Weekday Mode = Alert Always
    LED Alert Always = Unchecked
    Weekend Mode = Alert Always
    LED Alert Always = Unchecked
    Program queues alerts out of interval = checked

So the $64,000 question is....why the heck is the LED Flashing in Phone Only mode?
    10-01-08 08:55 PM
    hmm... tough question. I would think from your settings you shouldn't be receiving a notification. I noticed that BBAlerts appears to intercept the profile alert. For example; my phone LED blinks red for a split second and then turns blue (my setting).

Anyways, my point... If you have the phone only profile to not provide an LED notification, it shouldn't intercept anything and provide an LED alert.

I see that you have the phone only profile set to "Repeat Notification-None". Just out of curiosity, what if BBAlerts is disabled and it is phone only. Do you get a notification (red led)? If you do, then I would say there is an issue with the profile and not BBAlerts.
    10-02-08 01:40 PM
    lol I want to see the cash then I will answer
    10-02-08 01:49 PM
    Just out of curiosity, what if BBAlerts is disabled and it is phone only. Do you get a notification (red led)? If you do, then I would say there is an issue with the profile and not BBAlerts.
    Disabled BBAlerts and tested in phone only mode. No notifications.

I emailed the developer and they responded that, apparently, it won't work. When the phone is switched to phone only mode the program controls LED has to be switched to "none" in BBAlerts.

So if I'm h*ll-bent on not getting LED alerts when in Phone only - I'll need to either a) Disable BBAlerts or b) Switch the Program Controls LED to none

Still love the prog and will probably just live with the LED blinking.
    10-02-08 05:16 PM
    Disabled BBAlerts and tested in phone only mode. No notifications.

I emailed the developer and they responded that, apparently, it won't work. When the phone is switched to phone only mode the program controls LED has to be switched to "none" in BBAlerts.

So if I'm h*ll-bent on not getting LED alerts when in Phone only - I'll need to either a) Disable BBAlerts or b) Switch the Program Controls LED to none

Still love the prog and will probably just live with the LED blinking.
    I have this problem too and I think I found a solution. Go to BB alerts shcedule. During weekday mode select alert during interval and set a start and stop. Do the same for weekend mode. Will test it tonight.
    02-18-09 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD