Just actually tried this out after realizing that it was theoretically possible. It works, and it has nothing to do with the Facebook app.

If you try to go to the full FB site in the WebKit browser, you're automatically redirected to the mobile site. However, if you go to touch.facebook.com -- the "touch" mobile site for FB -- you will see at the bottom a link to the full site (something that's not present on the regular mobile site).

When you are on the full site, you can just upload a video from your device as you would from your computer, with a little pinch 'n pull zooming. E.g, touch/click on the blank space for a wall post, then click on the attach video icon underneath. Select Upload a Video, then click on Browse and navigate to wherever you have your videos stored on your device. Select the video, then click on Share. You'll get a warning about a pop-up blocker (!) but just click on Okay. Your video will then upload to FB.
    gitsegukla.001 and axllebeer like this.
    09-24-10 07:28 AM
    Mercy reply to my own post. I shan't live it down.
    09-24-10 02:20 PM
    This is good to know, but I must admit what I liked most about your post is finding out that I can get to the full site. Bookmarked that page and now I can reach it whenever I want.

I don't post videos often, but this means I don't have to wait when I catch something on the fly with my Torch. Thanks for the tip!
    09-24-10 02:35 PM
    The funny thing is, you always have to go through the touch site to get to the full site. I tried bookmarking a couple of things on the full site, but using the bookmarks always took me to the mobile site.
    09-24-10 02:54 PM
    I tryed this but it everytime the video is done uploading, it goes to a diff page and says i have been logged out
    03-12-11 12:46 PM
    I tryed this but it everytime the video is done uploading, it goes to a diff page and says i have been logged out
    Yep.....same thing happens to me. I get logged out and the video never posts. Bummer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-11 10:27 PM
    Yep.....same thing happens to me. I get logged out and the video never posts. Bummer.

Same problem here - disappointing, I was really hoping this would work! I wonder if fb made changes that 'broke' this functionality? Anyone else having trouble receiving personal messages on the fb app ever since the integrated messages with chats on the site?

03-19-11 10:46 AM
    I see that this is an old thread, but wanted to pass on my thanks as I could never figure out an easy way to do this. Going to try it now on my 9930.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 03-14-12 at 08:45 PM. Reason: more.
    03-14-12 08:43 PM
    How to upload apps and sign in through Facebook apps
    05-08-18 09:13 PM
    Bb torch 9800
    05-08-18 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD