Downloaded it.. I have the message indicator showing I have 14 updates but here's the problem... Can't view them because I have no app icon to open.. . I deleted it and re installed but still nothing showing up under my downloads to actually open the app? But it shows a message indicator with 14 on my home screen.. Have you herd of this? How do I fix it?
    03-19-09 03:59 AM
    The messages are in your inbox. I like this app however, I wish the messages would not crowd my inbox. Maybe have something like the facebook app. Where the messages are displayed in the applications inbox

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 06:38 AM
    For those of you who don't see the updates in your message Inbox (the consolidated message box...), try this. Open your message inbox, click the BB key, select view folders, then scroll down to see if you have a folder called Yatca. The twitter updates are probably in that folder.

Now check your messaging options, do you have the option "hide filed messages" enabled?

This is a guess on my part because no matter what I do, the messages show up in the message box. I would actually like the option of sending them straight to the Yatca folder without hitting my message box.
    03-19-09 08:39 AM
    Does anyone if updates by people I know get sent as texts? I don't want to go over my limit each month

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 08:08 PM
    From the webpage, for all of us Storm users....

Yatca is built using the OS 4.6 development tools. As such, it doesn’t have any Storm awareness and depends entirely on the automatic compatibility mode that Storm devices enter when running pre-4.7 applications. If you’re seeing UI problems such as unresponsiveness to the accelerometer, poor layout with ridiculously large buttons, or strange focus behaviour, the most likely explanation is an…issue…with the compatibility mode.

I would love to be able to offer a Storm-specific build of Yatca with support for gestures and greater cognisance of things like button sizes but I simply don’t have the resources at this time. I need to target the largest possible number of users (subject to the 4.6 restriction that is intrinsic to Yatca) and the reality is that the majority of 4.6+ devices out there are not Storms. With the release of fantastic new full keyboard models like the Curve 8900 this is unlikely to change any time soon.
    03-19-09 10:11 PM
    From the webpage, for all of us Storm users....
    That is unfortunate. 95xx = the red headed step child of the RIM lineup.

That said, I really didn't have any problems using it on my Storm w/ .109. The only touchscreen specific enhancement I would have liked to have seen was the ability to swipe the screen to move to the next/previous message, just like a normal e-mail.
    Last edited by Yesterdays Shoveler; 03-20-09 at 08:09 AM.
    03-20-09 08:06 AM
    03-21-09 08:02 AM
    Sweet, this app gets better and better!
    03-21-09 02:45 PM
    Figured I'd go ahead and give it a try, but I guess I'm too used to TwitterBerry by now. The one thing that bugged me was the fact that you would have to delete a tweet or open it to lower the counter. By the end of the day I'd go crazy! It also showed real names vs the nickname, with no photo, so I had no idea who was talking lol. Oh well, great app, but not for me. It worked though!
    03-21-09 03:43 PM
    Just installed it, seems like a pretty cool app. Dont know if i like this or TwitterBerry more yet. But is it just me or is it impossible to close this program. I keep closing it but everytime i hold down the BB key it still shows up as running.
    03-22-09 09:00 AM
    Just installed it, seems like a pretty cool app. Dont know if i like this or TwitterBerry more yet. But is it just me or is it impossible to close this program. I keep closing it but everytime i hold down the BB key it still shows up as running.
    It will always run in the background.
    03-22-09 11:01 AM
    It will always run in the background.
    ......interesting....
    03-22-09 11:25 AM
    How do you remove Yatca from my BB Storm?
    on the 8900 go to the applications under advanced options then scroll down to yatca left click then click on delete. maybe its close to the same as storm.
    Last edited by bamajeff61; 03-24-09 at 07:40 PM. Reason: added more information
    03-24-09 07:37 PM
    Yatca for the win! All TwitterBerry does is lock my phone up and make me do a battery pull. Yatca runs smoothly and is very user friendly.

Yatca - 1
    TwitterBerry - 0
    03-25-09 11:57 AM
    03-30-09 12:48 PM
    04-09-09 08:47 PM
    Honestly, this is the best Twitter app available, hands down. The UI is great, and I love the message list integration. What you can do to add TwitterBerry-like list functionality, is set all your updates, *all* of them, to "non-merged". Then, add a custom search for everything in the Yatca folder (non-merged and merged sub folders) to like ALT-Y and you can get notifications of new messages and go into your messages and hit ALT-Y. So awesome.
    04-11-09 10:07 PM
    Yatca 1.4.2 is now available on their website.
    04-14-09 07:42 AM
    I'll try it again, I liked it - but almost every time I tried to send an update I would send it before I was finished typing.
    04-14-09 10:28 AM
    I love this app but for me, it would randomly stop working...it started with the version before the latest release. It's kind of upsetting because I love how it's integrated into the messages and how the UI was so user friendly and the overall ease of use...i may try out a later release but for now, those of you that have it work flawlessly, ur lucky!!!
    04-14-09 10:50 PM
    I like Yatca but found it was a major cause of memory leaking on my Storm...trying Ubertwitter today to see how that goes.
    05-05-09 08:06 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD