Seems to be an issue that too many people are having - Yahoo Messenger's last update (to v 2.5.32) caused YM to freeze the phone when trying to start it. Won't do a thing but sit there. Was locking the phone entirely when trying to start YM.

Deleted service book entry, tried reloading (5x!) - still no YM joy.

Does anyone have any info on the cause, or better yet, does anyone have a way for me to completely delete this version and install an older version?
    Last edited by lunghd_2; 10-31-10 at 06:49 PM.
    10-29-10 12:00 AM
    10 char bump
    10-29-10 11:55 PM
    Back to the top - still searching for method to remove updated YM and reinstall older version. (Or fix new version... I don't care! Just need YM to work again.)

DM doesn't offer the option to roll-back & I haven't been able to find an older version for BB online.

EDIT: the below is cut from another thread originated by another user with the same issue.

Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    If you can download a copy of BBSAK (bb swiss army knife), you can use it to try getting onto the BB. Then use its middle table to READ the system (files on the bb) and find the cod file - yahoo-messanger and delete it.
    Using BBSAK I cannot find any cod file w/ that name.
    Reloading YM still causes same problem although I can press and hold the BB button and escape from the frozen YM icon to a white background W/ the BB icon menu, then select home screen, then it will return to messaging folder w/ ability to exit out normally.

EDIT: Ok - just tried deleting YM after reloading (yet again...) and this time the error message read "Uncaught Exception: Index 7 >=7"

Previously this error was '4>=4'...

I'm thinking RIM's YM loader is fried?
    Last edited by lunghd_2; 10-31-10 at 09:40 AM.
    10-31-10 07:41 AM
    What version are you trying to delete?
    10-31-10 10:36 AM
    Well, by wiping the OS and reloading an older version... THEN updating that version I was able to reinstall YM.

It appears that the update was hanging on the "Terms of Service" page where you have to confirm that you agree to give RIM your first born daughter, etc etc... but that the phone cannot find / connect to that TOS page prior to the actual install. Never showed up before this. *sigh* Anyhow, YM appears functional but can't sign in since I now have to set up this "fresh install" phone for all of my accounts and reinstall the backed up apps. Thank goodness for BBSAK.

RIM... fix the bugs.
    10-31-10 11:47 AM
    What version are you trying to delete?
    Dunno how I missed your previous post - thanks for your response!
    Trying to roll back from yahoo messenger 2.5.32 to whatever incarnation preceded it.

Looks like I spoke too soon. After getting it to load (but not log in...) ONCE, it's back to the same freeze-up when trying to start it.
    10-31-10 06:38 PM
    Look! A tumbleweed!
    11-03-10 09:55 AM
    11-03-10 10:43 AM
    Yep. Told ya!

Not having any other answers I installed IM Lite & was able to instantly log on to Yahoo Messenger using it.

Wonder why the RIM YM app is dysfunctional?
    11-04-10 12:06 PM
    Hello!
    I have been struggling with this app for days, and thanks to your previous solution of downloading IM Lite it worked!!

Deleting Yahoo IM app right now!!!!!

Thank you

12-12-10 08:53 PM
    You're welcome! Looks like we are the only two here who use YM so we have to stick together!
    12-13-10 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD