Hi everyone. I've been experiencing issues on my 8520 - currently running OS 5.0 (clean, no hybrid).

1st Issue - upon upgrading to the latest facebook version, sometimes I receive notifications, but sometimes I don't. It's basically whenever my berry feels like it I guess.

2nd Issue - Whenever I log in to Yahoo messenger on my bb, my contacts show blank display images (minor bug,yes). However , my contacts never receive my messages altough I do receive the ones they send me.

Now, I've seen this issue on the internet on different forums and some people say they've experienced the same issues as me, even on different devices (9000,9700 etc). Some even said that the Yahoo mess issues started after installing the new facebook (unlikely).

Anyway, if anyone knows how I can resolve these matters please let me know. Also, if this has already been solved I apologize and please be so kind as to direct me to the certain link.
    09-08-10 07:45 AM
    I haven't had any serious issues with my Facebook app at all. Many people say it sucks and is unreliable, but for me it is quite stable. Every now and then I do have delayed notifications but I also have them on the site itself, so for me that's not an issue worth fussing over. What you could do is try clearing the app's cache and do a battery pull, or just resend your service books.
    I don't use Yahoo messenger but when I updated my WLM app I couldn't chat on it. I had downloaded it from App World, so I tried the one from Blackberry's mobile download site, replacing the App World one, and it worked perfectly. You could try doing that, I guess

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 10:52 AM
    I haven't had any serious issues with my Facebook app at all. Many people say it sucks and is unreliable, but for me it is quite stable. Every now and then I do have delayed notifications but I also have them on the site itself, so for me that's not an issue worth fussing over. What you could do is try clearing the app's cache and do a battery pull, or just resend your service books.
    I don't use Yahoo messenger but when I updated my WLM app I couldn't chat on it. I had downloaded it from App World, so I tried the one from Blackberry's mobile download site, replacing the App World one, and it worked perfectly. You could try doing that, I guess

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Done the battery pull, cleared the cache and resent the service books. Nothing worked. Also, I should mention that App world is not available in my country and the download link for Yahoo Messenger seems to belong to RIM.

Anyway, I still need help with both of these.
    09-08-10 11:52 AM
    Got the YIM isue now. Frustrating.
    09-17-10 11:13 AM
    I started using IM+ and it even has multi Yahoo mess. And facebook seems to have gotten back to normal.
    09-20-10 06:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD