I need an app for this are they gonna make one or does anyone have one?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-10 02:06 AM
    I was about to post the same thing. I believe there was a Fantasy Football 2009 app for Blackberry last fall, but I didn't get my BB until the season was over, and I think it got mixed reviews. It just seems like a freakin' no-brainer that Yahoo! and ESPN would release some type of app for their fantasy sports, now that App World has been in existence for about a full year. But I'm not seeing any indication of that so far.

Doesn't it make sense that the consumer base for Blackberry users (which has to be pretty heavily middle-aged men, with a lot of tech-saavy women as well) would be one that would be interested in fantasy sports app. Not only would they use them, I wouldn't even imagine too many people complaining if they wanted to charge $4.99 for the thing. Heck, Yahoo! charged $9.99 for StatTracker for years, and all that did was give you real-time stats before that became freely offered (I bought it several times).
    03-08-10 12:06 PM
    yes it does and im upset with this.... its like obvious people use fantasy yahoo and espn....SO DUMB
    03-10-10 05:56 PM
    C'mon guys we should get all the Fantasy Baseball users together and e-mail Yahoo Sports!

Baseball Season is almost here!
    03-12-10 12:42 PM
    What's up all? As you can tell I'm new and was wondering if anyone could help me out. When I go to my fantasy team on yahoo the page loads fine but where my roster would be its just white. Any ideas? Thanks!!

03-19-10 10:43 AM
    i have the same problem. let me know if you were able to figure it out.

Thanks!

What's up all? As you can tell I'm new and was wondering if anyone could help me out. When I go to my fantasy team on yahoo the page loads fine but where my roster would be its just white. Any ideas? Thanks!!

03-26-10 01:43 AM

Thanks!
    Has anyone tried opening it with opera mini? My draft isn't until next week.

03-26-10 07:23 PM
    Bump

03-28-10 04:06 PM
    Has anyone tried opening it with opera mini? My draft isn't until next week.

I just drafted last night. This morning, I can view my team just fine using Opera Mini 5. I haven't tried to make any roster changes or anything though. But at least I can view league standings and live scoring. However, I would really like to see an app similar to the fantasy football app they came out with in 2009. That worked pretty well on my storm.
    03-29-10 09:20 AM
    I just drafted last night. This morning, I can view my team just fine using Opera Mini 5. I haven't tried to make any roster changes or anything though. But at least I can view league standings and live scoring. However, I would really like to see an app similar to the fantasy football app they came out with in 2009. That worked pretty well on my storm.
    I have definately been able to use Opera Mini 5 for both Yahoo! and ESPN fantasy. I can even change lineups and drop/add player (though it's not always the smoothest process).

Yahoo! defaults to something called "Drag and Drop", which is either Flash or some type of extra layer of software on the roster page. Use a desktop computer and switch it to "Classic" mode. This changes things to drop down menus, which Opera Mini 5 should be able to handle. Hope this helps.

But yes, we should definately have an App for this. I really don't know why they wouldn't have done one. They did a Yahoo! Football one for '09, but I heard some lukewarm reviews of it.
    03-29-10 09:26 AM
    I would love an app for it also, but at least knowing that I can update my roster from my phone is a relief. Thanks for the tip.

03-29-10 09:33 AM
    Opera Mini 5 works fine on Blackberry Tour 9630, and probably any Blackberry.

on your blackberry's browser > 'go to..' m.opera.com

then select link that matches your OS, for Tour use '4.7 or higher'

it'll then download and install... you'll find icon in your 'download folder'

Not as smooth as default browser, in general, but it does EVERYTHING in Yahoo Fantasy! I'm no longer frustrated and can play ball....YAHOO! (but yahoo can still kiss mine for not making an app for baseball '10)
    03-29-10 09:06 PM
    I have definately been able to use Opera Mini 5 for both Yahoo! and ESPN fantasy. I can even change lineups and drop/add player (though it's not always the smoothest process).

Yahoo! defaults to something called "Drag and Drop", which is either Flash or some type of extra layer of software on the roster page. Use a desktop computer and switch it to "Classic" mode. This changes things to drop down menus, which Opera Mini 5 should be able to handle. Hope this helps.

But yes, we should definately have an App for this. I really don't know why they wouldn't have done one. They did a Yahoo! Football one for '09, but I heard some lukewarm reviews of it.
    same for me
    03-29-10 09:18 PM

Thanks!
    I'm having the same problem...any ideas? Right now we can't adjust lineups at all.
    04-04-10 05:16 PM
    I'm having the same problem...any ideas? Right now we can't adjust lineups at all.
    Read the post above about how to download opera mini and change your settings to classic. Works fine for me.

04-04-10 05:31 PM
    Read the post above about how to download opera mini and change your settings to classic. Works fine for me.

Doesn't solve the original problem. Opera 5 isn't worth my time or limited application memory space. Who needs two browsers?
    04-04-10 08:12 PM
    Doesn't solve the original problem. Opera 5 isn't worth my time or limited application memory space. Who needs two browsers?
    Someone who wants to update their fantasy baseball roster on yahoo. Obviously we would all love an app, but you gotta do what ya gotta do.

04-04-10 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD