I have applied mulitple updates to my Blackberry Storm in the last couple of months.
    As a result of one or more of those updates the way my Storm handles my Yahoo email account has changed.
    First, prior to the updates there was a Yahoo mail item on my Storm home screen that has the red astrisk to indicate I had mail as well as the Message item.
    Now that icon is no where to be found. The Message item on the home screen does indicate I have mail (I think this worked the same way in the past).

Second, previsouly I was given the option to delete email from just the device or Yahoo and the device. That option vanished.
    I have deleted and re-added my yahoo email to the Storm. That did return the delete option when deleting emails but not the Yahoo icon on the home screen.
    I have removed the battery with no affect.

Anyone having similar issues or ideas as to how to go back to the old behavior? Any idea how this happened?

Does RIM not know how to restore prior behavior? Since they don't tell us every detail of what is changing (adding NFL Today) it is hard to know if I want the update or not. Sometimes new features help with the pain (scrolling changes).
    I worry about applying updates when things like this happen but I also don't like the bugs that are in the current version of the software so I hope they have fixed some of them in the newest version.

Thanks
    Dale
    Last edited by cds1950; 04-20-10 at 02:46 PM.
    04-20-10 02:43 PM
    The new message indicator is (well, should be) controlled in the options menu from any messages folder, under "General Options," "Display New Message Indicator." The delete prompt is in the same options menu, under "Email Reconciliation." Pick your e-mail under the Message Services line. If you want the prompt back, pick "Prompt" for the "Delete On" option.
    04-20-10 07:40 PM
    great info great help!
    04-20-10 08:55 PM
    Note that the Yahoo email icon is gone (for now anyway). Yahoo Mail will have the generic envelope icon just like the other email types.
    04-20-10 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD