just got my b.b. curve. i have 2 yahoo e-mail accts. one personal and one biz. when i send a test e-mail to both accounts at the same time i get a burst on my screen and a chime for the biz acct within seconds of sending the e-mail, the personal however takes anywhere from 5 to 25 minutes to get an alert, and sometimes the alert doesn't come at all, these are e-mails i send at the exact same time and the result is always the same. soooo frustrating, can anyone help before i smash this thing??
    06-09-10 07:31 PM
    Is the personal email POP3? Can you change it to IMAP? If not, then you cannot do anything about the slowness. That is a limitation of the protocol.
    06-09-10 08:09 PM
    why an instant alert from one yahoo email acct each and every time, and a complete lag or lack of alert from another yahoo email acct.?? just doesn't make sense
    06-09-10 08:47 PM
    why an instant alert from one yahoo email acct each and every time, and a complete lag or lack of alert from another yahoo email acct.?? just doesn't make sense
    Is one account IMAP and the other POP3? IMAP will be instant.
    06-09-10 08:49 PM
    i created both accounts the same way, i don't know how to tell if it's imap or pop3. the one account thats giving me trouble is my personal email that i have had for over ten years, the biz email that is working great i have only had for about five months. a tech at the sprint store told me that the mail going to my personal address is definitely going through a different much older server even though they are both yahoo addresses, sounds like b.s. to me...
    06-09-10 09:11 PM
    i created both accounts the same way, i don't know how to tell if it's imap or pop3. the one account thats giving me trouble is my personal email that i have had for over ten years, the biz email that is working great i have only had for about five months. a tech at the sprint store told me that the mail going to my personal address is definitely going through a different much older server even though they are both yahoo addresses, sounds like b.s. to me...
    I would suggest logging into the account on your PC and checking the settings (and changing them there if necessary). You want IMAP, if possible.
    06-09-10 09:18 PM
    i cant find a way to change from pop3 to imap. i just went to the help section and found this.

Resolved QuestionShow me another �
    ** do I change my ISP from POP3 to IMAP?

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
    You cannot, only the the ISP can change their mail delivery from POP3 to IMAP. You have to use whatever the ISP provides. The only thing you can do is to contact your ISP and request them to change from using POP3 to IMAP, but I doubt if it will have any effect.

does this sound right?? damn i have wasted another night with this. thanks for your help but i think i may head down to the sprint store 2moro and pick up the new evo. i love this curve but the whole point of buying it was to be in constant contact with all of my email accounts, if this feature doesn't work whats the point.
    thanks again...
    06-09-10 09:56 PM
    i cant find a way to change from pop3 to imap. i just went to the help section and found this.

Resolved QuestionShow me another �
    ** do I change my ISP from POP3 to IMAP?

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
    You cannot, only the the ISP can change their mail delivery from POP3 to IMAP. You have to use whatever the ISP provides. The only thing you can do is to contact your ISP and request them to change from using POP3 to IMAP, but I doubt if it will have any effect.

does this sound right?? damn i have wasted another night with this. thanks for your help but i think i may head down to the sprint store 2moro and pick up the new evo. i love this curve but the whole point of buying it was to be in constant contact with all of my email accounts, if this feature doesn't work whats the point.
    thanks again...
    You could use Gmail. That is IMAP. You could also forward your emails to a Gmail account. Getting a different device will not help you with your email issues, if you cannot change the protocol. POP3 is POP3, regardless of the device you have.
    06-09-10 10:07 PM
    a friend of mine suggested the same thing, but change the email address i have had for 10+ years ?? i don't wanna do that. i know what you are gonna say next, just forward the emails to a gmail account. great idea but the only way i can forward email is if i subscribe to yahoo mail plus which carries a fee of $20 a year. not like it's so much money, but i just feel if one yahoo account can alert me in seconds, why can't the other??
    06-09-10 10:13 PM
    Something is screwy. I do not have the delay you have with my Yahoo mail and BIS. It is instant or within a couple seconds of instant. Did you setup your email through your carrier's BIS site? Could help.

Verizon
    At&T
    T-Mobile
    06-10-10 08:55 AM
    I have a biz and personal email acct with Yahoo as well. I think something is off somewhere as my email accounts are not reconciling off of my phone for the past couple of days. Don't know if it is Yahoo, Rim or T-mobile but I always give it a day or two to work itself out and it usually does.
    06-10-10 11:36 AM
    I have a biz and personal email acct with Yahoo as well. I think something is off somewhere as my email accounts are not reconciling off of my phone for the past couple of days. Don't know if it is Yahoo, Rim or T-mobile but I always give it a day or two to work itself out and it usually does.
    KB05133 - View Document
    06-10-10 12:10 PM
    Great now I get to be stupid. Phone always has reconciled except past 2 days. Followed your link and tried to go to the BIS at T-mobile and it is not available. Only via the phone. Hmmm, T-Mobile issues?
    06-10-10 12:37 PM
    day 14 with my new curve, still my biz yahoo e-mail acct. is getting alerted within seconds test after test, and yet my personal yahoo acct is on a crazy delay and sometimes doesn't get the emails at all. how frustrating to sit down at work to check my personal email and see 10 new emails waiting without a single alert sent to my b.b. i am fighting the urge to toss this thing out the window and buy an EVO....
    06-10-10 05:06 PM
    On my free Yahoo email account every email is instant, I've tried Gmail, hotmail and Yahoo Mail is easily the best by far.
    06-10-10 05:14 PM
    heeeelp. someone out there must have the same problem, can i be that un-lucky to be the only one??
    06-10-10 11:00 PM
    There is currently a yahoo mail/blackberry problem upon which both Y and RIM are working. That might be your problem.
    B B

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 06:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD