Anyone have any comments/likes/dislikes about xPlayer? I noticed it was a free download, but there were no comments posted.
    02-07-08 02:23 PM
    It seems like a reasonable application. One of the things that the built-in media player is missing is PLAYLISTS. Xplayer does provide that. Although, it only allows playlists that you create on the device and the scrolling, trackballing, etc-ing can be tedious but it still has playlists!!! Also, while the music may be located on an SD card, playlists are stored internally to the device.
    02-07-08 09:31 PM
    First of all...this software is very nice...probably the best player I ever had on my BBpearl...Why? for the first time I can choose the output for the audio, either headset, handsfree or Bluetooth or combined (most but not all).
    the playlist is very nice, you can add up files from different folders and playem all. You don't get the upper and lower banners such as play/pause, stop and drag bar...just pure video...
    The downside...you can't fastforward or backup in a movie...that's not good. It froze on me but who said the other player in BBpearl doesn't...
    Skins are very nice, can match up with your current theme on your phone.
    Hands down, the best player I've seen for my blackberry pearl..
    02-13-08 10:43 AM
    One more nice thing is full screen video.
    02-13-08 10:51 AM
    How come I cannot play videos on the xplayer? i have tried everything! HELP me please!!
    02-15-08 01:53 PM
    How do you get it to select your music?
    I'm trying Open file/folder
    sdcard
    blackberry
    music [select]
    Then it says Can't open folder. There are no required files in this folder.

My songs are arranged by Artist/Album/Song.
    02-21-08 04:06 PM
    How come I cannot play videos on the xplayer? i have tried everything! HELP me please!!
    Hello,
    xPlayer supports mp3, m4a, avi, mp4, 3gp, wma, amr, mid, wav file formats. Are you using any of these formats?

You can use BlackBerry video converter to convert your video for suitable formats.

Hope this helps)

Irene Collins
    SHAPE Support Team
    02-22-08 04:25 AM
    How do you get it to select your music?
    I'm trying Open file/folder
    sdcard
    blackberry
    music [select]
    Then it says Can't open folder. There are no required files in this folder.

My songs are arranged by Artist/Album/Song.
    Hello rocky, the folder might contain files with unsupported formats. Please denote what file formats you use, we will try to add them in future updates.

Thank you in advance.

Irene
    02-22-08 04:50 AM
    Under my Music folder, I have songs arranged by Artist folder then Album folder.

most files are .WMA. Others are .MP3. That's all the files though.
    02-22-08 09:04 AM
    I know this is going to sound noobish, but how do I get that download to my Curve 8330? Am I going to have to do it with the desktop software to install xplayer? I am also assuming I can use the 4.3 version as my software OS is 4.3.0.127.
    09-27-08 11:37 AM
    It seems like a reasonable application. One of the things that the built-in media player is missing is PLAYLISTS. Xplayer does provide that. Although, it only allows playlists that you create on the device and the scrolling, trackballing, etc-ing can be tedious but it still has playlists!!! Also, while the music may be located on an SD card, playlists are stored internally to the device.

Built-in Media player that comes with OS v4.5 DOES have playlists
    09-27-08 02:10 PM
    Under my Music folder, I have songs arranged by Artist folder then Album folder.

most files are .WMA. Others are .MP3. That's all the files though.
    Rocky, sorry for the delay in response.
    Please make sure that your BlackBerry is not connected to the PC and these audio files are not busy with some other application.
    If they are not, please press Menu -> Refresh and let me know if the files appear in the list.

Thanks and regards,
    Irene
    10-15-08 09:50 AM
    I know this is going to sound noobish, but how do I get that download to my Curve 8330? Am I going to have to do it with the desktop software to install xplayer? I am also assuming I can use the 4.3 version as my software OS is 4.3.0.127.
    You can download over the air from wap.shapeservices.com. Your OS will be detected automatically and you will be offered only one version that fits you.
    You can also download to your PC from www. shapeservices. com, then you will of course need to select installation files for 4.3 OS
    10-15-08 09:53 AM
    Can xplayer play .wmv files? Cause when I go to the folder where my videos are, none of the wmv files are listed
    02-28-09 02:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD