Hey guys

Is there anyway to delete contacts in xobni? Love the look of it but its saved all my spam email addys too! Dunno how to get rid I want phone contacts not email

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 06:09 PM
    Hey guys

Is there anyway to delete contacts in xobni? Love the look of it but its saved all my spam email addys too! Dunno how to get rid I want phone contacts not email

I was thinking the same thing! All my smrtguard messages are showing and cluttering up my screen LOL.

I am liking the general idea of this app. A few more things to be changed or added and it would be perfect. Like being able to hide items from the main screen.

One other thing, how/when does this sort by importance? For example, one of my contacts I have texted/called at least 10 times today but ONE message from my dad and it is listed first. But the one contact I use the most is way down the list.

I installed this about an hour ago so maybe it takes a while to build the index. Hopefully.
    03-16-10 06:39 PM
    I think we might need to delete our whole inbox to clear the addys.. i dunno. im not sure how it works

It obviously reads the mailbox you register with
    03-16-10 07:11 PM
    how does this compare with sensobi?
    03-16-10 08:16 PM
    *** I have the Storm 9530 version so things might be different if you're on a different device. I'm not sure... ***

Damn... I took Adam's word for it and purchased the app. After 30 minutes of use, I'm already trying to request a refund.

1. Each time you reboot, you are asked to sign-in. No big deal but it already saves my email address and my password. What's the point of asking me to push the big purple button that says Sign In? If it's for security reasons, password shouldn't even be saved. If somebody was to steal my phone, they can just hit "Sign In" and still have access to my data in Xobni.

2. After a battery pull, Xobni loads the contacts again. This takes about 10 mintues (I have more than 2,000 contacts) and the app can't be used until this is finished. I do a battery pull maybe twice a day. Once in the morning and another one in mid-afternoon because I have to replace my battery. They advertise as the SMARTEST ADDRESS BOOK but if the app forgets everything after a battery pull, I wouldn't say SMARTEST. * It looks like Xobni reloads all the contacts when the app is closed and restarted. I just exited the app and restarted the app without doing a battery pull in between and it's loading all the contacts again. *

3. No way to sort the contacts the way I want.

4. I'm not sure if the app gets previous data (prior to the app being installed) but it doesn't seem like it. I have at least 20 SMS messages from a contact but Xobni thinks I have no activity for that person. Same thing with call log. If that's the case, I don't know why Xobni needs to go through the call log in order to gather data.

5. Upon clicking on a contact to view the info, when I hit the back button, I'm back to the top of my list. I know the search should be used but sometimes I like to go through my contacts one by one and delete/edit if necessary.

6. Probably a minor bug but the options doesn't seem to save. When I change the font size and hit SAVE, nothing changes and when I go back to the option, I'm back to the default settings. I unmarked all the boxes and hit save. When I go back into the options, nothing seems to be saved.

7. I don't know what is going on but something funny happens when I have Xobni running. I have MeterBerry and it displays the available app memory on my desktop. I usually boot up at around 15 MB free and fluctuate between 10 to 15 MB. When I have Xobni running, my available memory goes up to 40 MB. Not really a bad thing but I would like an explanation of what's going on. Is Xobni deleting things off my Blackberry?

8. From Xobni website: "Xobni gives you access to all your contacts where you need them most: the BlackBerry compose screen. If you're in the middle of writing a message, and you need to access your Xobni contacts, just flick the trackball/pad up. You can search and add multiple contacts to an email, simply by clicking their names. Once you've added everyone you want, just hit the Back button on your BlackBerry to get back to your email message." <- This function doesn't seem to work for me.

I'm sure I can find more things to say about Xobni but if somebody asked me, I'd definitely tell them to hold off on spending $10 for this app. Maybe later but not yet...

(I certainly hope that the developer sees this thread and would love their feedback.)
    Last edited by wangster; 03-16-10 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Added #8
    03-16-10 08:23 PM
    i agree mate, how do we get a refund?
    03-16-10 09:09 PM
    I am waiting for mY credit card charge to be processed before I request a refund. I hope they're good about issuing refunds.

03-16-10 09:16 PM
    I have to agree that this is pretty disappointing. The fact that you can't delete (or at least hide) contacts from appearing really takes away from it.

Not worth the 10 spot in my opinion.
    03-16-10 09:22 PM
    thanks for the updates..thought it was a stand alone app..but having to log in all the time? eh.. and not really liking the fact you can't seem to delete..don't want Prince Nazeem to be my number one contact with his million dollar inheritance emails.

IMHO, with no trial, Adam should really do a walkthru/youtube review on the app. It seems so far a few are quite unhappy with the "absolutely must have app" The flashy animation really doesn't say much.

Sorry for those unhappy with their purchase, hope it all works out.
    03-16-10 09:26 PM
    Just out of curiosity, have you checked the permissions for the application? It sounds to me like some basic functions of the program are not working right which usually means that permissions are not set properly.
    03-16-10 10:31 PM
    Ugh. Wish I'd read this thread before I purchased it. Currently adding my contacts, so I'll post again with functionality ******** / praising.

EDIT: Already hating the fact that I'm my own number 1 contact because I emailed a few things from my work email account to my home email account in the last few days. >_<
    03-16-10 11:10 PM
    yep... should have read this thread first, also. Having all the same issues everyone else is having. Really annoying. And I have 5 email addresses on my BB. It only pulls info from the one you signed up with. Also the social networking integration is a joke. It only pulls PUBLIC profile info. So if your contacts have their facebooks or linkedins set to private - you get no info at all. Just a picture (if you're lucky).

Also - it only gives you the option for facbook or linkedin even though the flashy BB Bold animation shows much more including twitter. And the UI is different from that vid - which also pissed me off.

I'm mad.
    03-16-10 11:30 PM
    maybe they xobni uploaded the beta version instead by mistake?
    03-16-10 11:40 PM
    FYI, the CEO is personally addressing concerns on the comments on the Crackberry post. Really amazing service. He's answering questions.
    03-17-10 12:38 AM
    My main gripe is I want to be able to delete/hide contacts

Would be good if the developer would make a post

03-17-10 04:03 AM
    Yeah I'm getting a refund. This app is useless for me, 90% of the emails I get are from people not in my contact list. The total lack of SMS support kills me too, that's mostly why I bought it. Cool idea, nice interface, but but quite there.

03-17-10 05:50 AM
    The Xobni outlook extension is an absolutely critical and essential tool in my arsenal. I was hoping that the BB app would live up to that. Unfortunately, I find this a big miss. No sorting options, the social extensions provide little value with no configuring, lack of BBM and MMS, lack of exclusions and a few other 'nits'. The big ones being sorting and exclusions. I have confidence that they will investigate solutions for these areas, but until then, I'm afraid I'm parking the app.
    03-17-10 06:26 AM
    Just contacted PREMIUM SUPPORT requesting a refund. I'm not so sure if this is an automated email or not but PREMIUM support doesn't even know which product I bought. The PREMIUM SUPPORT sent me the following:

[#GBB-528602]: Form: Invoice #11***‏
    Sent: Wed 3/17/10 12:22 PM
    To: ****@hotmail.com
    Thank you for contacting Xobni Premium Support!

We strive to respond to all Premium support requests within 24 hours (Monday - Friday).

If you’re experiencing issues with your current Xobni installation, please try downloading our latest release, available at Xobni - Outlook Plugin to Search People, Email, and Attachments Instantly

This version has significant performance improvements and lots of bug fixes. If you’re running an old version, you should upgrade before seeking further technical support. You can find your version by selecting Xobni > About.

If you are experiencing freezing or crashing, or Xobni will not load, please try these steps.

If your Xobni issues are resolved by the steps above, please close the ticket by clicking here.

Try searching our FAQ or post to our Community Forum, where you can quickly find answers to the most common questions.

If your performance is adversely affected, you may temporarily disable Xobni:

Windows XP: Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Xobni > Remove > Turn Xobni Off Temporarily
    Vista: Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features > Xobni > Uninstall/Change > Turn Xobni Off Temporarily
    Win7: Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > Xobni > Uninstall/Change > Turn Xobni Off Temporarily

Sincerely,
    The Xobni Support Team

I don't know... While it's nice to see the CEO checking up on the comments on the original CB post, and it is nice to see that the PREMIUM SUPPORT responds to you very quickly (less than 20 minutes in my case), but if I was PREMIUM SUPPORT, I'd have checked what product the customer purchased before I even respond. (By the way, I submitted my invoice number so they should be able to tell.)
    03-17-10 02:39 PM
    I sent an email this morning, still no reply
    03-17-10 03:01 PM
    Reference to one of the first posts...will quote in future...sorry about that.

The stand-alone version does not currently allow to "delete" a contact. I put it in quotes, because all contacts that are found in your inbox will have a profile. That is fundamental to the system. That the profile may have or trend to a very low rank (and therefore never be seen) is likely. Xobni profiles are more like a google search result. If the contact isn't important, you shouldn't see it. If it is (based on the search query), then it is there. As part of that, 100% of the people we find in your inbox will get a profile.

However, you should be able to update or correct the data we auto-detect as we do make mistakes in interpreting data in the email. That feature is coming soon to the stand alone product. Today you can use Xobni One + the Outlook Xobni which does have the edit profile button to fix it, if you use those complementary products.

Jeff Bonforte
    CEO, Xobni
    Last edited by bonforte; 03-17-10 at 08:33 PM. Reason: adding reference to post
    03-17-10 08:30 PM
    Yeah I'm getting a refund. This app is useless for me, 90% of the emails I get are from people not in my contact list. The total lack of SMS support kills me too, that's mostly why I bought it. Cool idea, nice interface, but but quite there.

GlitchZero:

We are happy to refund your money if you are not happy. We would prefer if you would work with our support team to communicate your issues so we can fix or clarify any problems or questions. That way all the users can benefit from your feedback.

We do have SMS support, but not on historical SMS, just on SMS going forward. It is a restriction of the platform. We are trying to work around that restriction. Perhaps I am misunderstanding you "lack of SMS support".

Jeff Bonforte
    CEO, Xobni
    03-17-10 08:32 PM
    I was thinking the same thing! All my smrtguard messages are showing and cluttering up my screen LOL.

I am liking the general idea of this app. A few more things to be changed or added and it would be perfect. Like being able to hide items from the main screen.

One other thing, how/when does this sort by importance? For example, one of my contacts I have texted/called at least 10 times today but ONE message from my dad and it is listed first. But the one contact I use the most is way down the list.

I installed this about an hour ago so maybe it takes a while to build the index. Hopefully.
    The ranking should definitely not under-rate a 10x contact vs. a 1x contact. That is either a bug, or it is just not done indexing.

Also, for now, our ranking algorithm heavily weights email (partly because of our roots, and partly because of how we mine data from email). We are working on updating the ranking algo for the BlackBerry stand alone users (vs. Xobni One + BB app). That would help us come up with a more logical ranking algo.

We would love your input in our community forum on this topic. You will find a link from our home page (support).

If you are unhappy as a customer, please visit our support. We will either make you happy, or give you a refund. No issues.

Jeff Bonforte
    CEO, Xobni
    03-17-10 08:38 PM
    I sent an email this morning, still no reply
    Support will reply within 24 hours, but should reply even faster. Can you check your spam/junk folder? Otherwise, if needed, email me directly. first dot last at xobni dot com is the format.

jeff bonforte
    ceo, xobni
    03-17-10 08:39 PM
    Wangster (commenting system is throttling me, not letting me quote your message):

Good catch on that support email reply. Actually, the premium support system tries to auto-suggest a fix to your submission. This was not a human (yet). In this case, we did a poor job of anticipating that there are now multiple premium products (not just our Plus Outlook product). I will notify support. This is just one of those issues about not getting everything perfect on launch day. Sorry about that. I have reported it to the support team and they will get that fixed pronto.

Jeff Bonforte
    CEO, Xobni
    03-17-10 08:43 PM
    The Xobni outlook extension is an absolutely critical and essential tool in my arsenal. I was hoping that the BB app would live up to that. Unfortunately, I find this a big miss. No sorting options, the social extensions provide little value with no configuring, lack of BBM and MMS, lack of exclusions and a few other 'nits'. The big ones being sorting and exclusions. I have confidence that they will investigate solutions for these areas, but until then, I'm afraid I'm parking the app.
    Disturbed Energy:

Are you using Xobni One? For existing users of Xobni, this is a really great addition. I like your list of ideas. Please drop me an email so I can get you a couple of free months of Xobni One.

my email is first dot last at xobni dot com (see my name below to complete that "formula")

Best,

Jeff Bonforte
    CEO, Xobni
    03-17-10 08:45 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD