Anyone else getting this message quite often when they are streaming XM? My understanding is that it has to do with the Blackberry Browser being in Canada, and XM not being available in Canada. XM uses the default browser, and the Tour will not let you change the default browser.

XM customer service/tech support is clueless to anything, it's a waste of time to contact them. Anyone have any ideas?
    02-24-10 11:36 AM
    Yep same thing here with my Storm. Called XM Support two times now and they had NO idea of what I was talking about. I enjoy the XM but it's just too frustrating. I guess Slacker or Pandora is the best way to go..
    02-24-10 12:06 PM
    I changed my mobile network setting from "global" to 1EXVO and it has worked for about the last 30 minutes with no problem.
    02-24-10 12:09 PM
    forget it, changing the mobile network doesn't work.....XM stinks.
    02-24-10 12:21 PM
    ive been getting the same thing just started yesterday had been working fine since the app was released.
    02-24-10 12:47 PM
    XM really stinks. They have a great product but can't market it. In a world of terrible customer service they have the worst.
    02-24-10 01:43 PM
    I use the app on my BB 9700 and receive the error every 30 seconds to 5 minutes for the last 3 days. I called Quickplay Media the publisher of the app and I�m waiting for them to contact me back with a solution.

XM customer support is no help at all.

BTW I have used the app since it has been available and prior to Monday I received the same error a couple times a day.
    02-24-10 02:10 PM
    It started for me about a week ago. It will run for about 5-20 minutes and then User State. I never happened before a week ago.
    02-24-10 03:20 PM
    Called XM last night, they told me the problem was fixed. Just uninstall and reinstall. Did that, and in two minutes I had the same "user state" error. I don't think the tech support from XM even listens to you. XM stinks. Great product, terrible implementation.
    02-25-10 06:55 AM
    This is the most terrible program right now because when you get the 'User State' error, you have to close the app and re-launch it. But when you re-launch it, a lot of the time you have to log back in. Now when I get this error I just close the XM app, turn off all connections, restore all connections, then re-launch the app. Seems to avoid having to type in my email and password again.

I hope they fix this though!!
    02-25-10 07:26 AM
    Yup.. I'm getting them too.. started yesterday. tried re-installing, changing the connection type.. Nothin'...
    02-25-10 08:49 AM
    A BP works for me...this sucks though...an update for this app sure would be nice...one that is a little easier on the battery too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 09:43 AM
    I'm having those issues as well and yes, you call XM customer service and if you're lucky to get someone who can speak some english, it's irrelevant because they read from a script.

Not attempting to hijack this thread, but for those of you with XM AND BLUETOOTH IN YOUR CAR...do you receive full 128K audio or lower standard XM audio that you get in your car xm player?
    02-25-10 09:52 AM
    It started for me about a week ago. It will run for about 5-20 minutes and then User State. I never happened before a week ago.
    Same issue with my 8900 - the app worked perfectly until just recently, when all this started. Very annoying, and glad I didn't have to pay for it.
    02-25-10 01:03 PM
    I contacted XM support two days ago when it started happening to me and she told me I would need to contact RIM. As far as they (XM) are concerned, the problem is on RIM's end...
    02-25-10 04:11 PM
    I have been receiving this error as well. Just as other have mentioned, it only started within the past few days.
    02-25-10 08:20 PM
    I haven't had any issues on my 8530.
    02-25-10 08:23 PM
    I contacted XM support two days ago when it started happening to me and she told me I would need to contact RIM. As far as they (XM) are concerned, the problem is on RIM's end...
    XM doesn't have a clue about anything. They are an embarrassment. How could it be RIMs fault? I did hear that it could be a problem with XM accessing the stream thru BBs default browser, which tells XM the radio is in Canada (since RIM is in Canada). You can't change the default browser on the BB Tour.

I'd believe this was the problem if it hadn't worked for so many of us before. If the browser location was a problem, it should have been a problem from day one.
    02-26-10 06:33 AM
    The issue is not exclusive to Blackerrys. iPhones/iPods are experiencing the same issue.
    02-26-10 11:17 AM
    Wow....for an app to have started out so wonderfully, it's sure turned to ****, hasn't it?.
    02-26-10 11:48 AM
    The app's network tolerance is non existent, that's for sure...

The damn thing errors out from network fluctuation all the time and sometimes you cannot resume afterwards.
    02-26-10 12:24 PM
    I spoke with xm and they said they are updateling their on line software and that's what's causing the error message.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-10 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD