I do not have a data plan but I have unlimited SMS and the BB Enabler service through T-Mobile. I noticed that the Wall Street Journal App can download articles even when I'm not on wi-fi. Is it downloading through EDGE? Will I be charged extra since I have no data plan?

It would be great if there is no charge for it. If only the Google Apps behaved the same way!!!!
    03-10-09 07:54 PM
    I do not have a data plan but I have unlimited SMS and the BB Enabler service through T-Mobile. I noticed that the Wall Street Journal App can download articles even when I'm not on wi-fi. Is it downloading through EDGE? Will I be charged extra since I have no data plan?

It would be great if there is no charge for it. If only the Google Apps behaved the same way!!!!
    I noticed the same thing today also. I canceled my data plan last month and was using WSJ on Wi-Fi. Today I noticed it works on EDGE as well.
    04-09-09 07:16 PM
    haha, me too.
    im tryna figure out how this is working. The only probable thing is sms/mms. but I highly doubt that.
    04-29-09 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD