Hey everyone-

The newest version of WorldMate Live is supposed to allow for 3-way sync'ing of your travel itineraries between (1) WorldMate Live's website, (2) the BB version of WorldMate Live, and (3) your BB's native calendar.

#1 and #2 always sync'ed. #3 was added in the most recent release.

However, I can't seem to get this to work. I can't get anything to appear in the BB native calendar.

Anybody get this to work?
    05-17-08 05:17 PM
    Nobody else is having this problem?

If I click settings, the options I get are:

User name
    Home city
    Date format
    Temperature
    Auto update
    Flight Notification Reminder
    Daily Events Notifications
    Trip Notifications
    Itinerary Update Notifications
    Connection

Apparently there is supposed to be a setting option for "Configure Sync Settings," but I'm not getting that.

At first I thought maybe this was a Gold member option, but a user on another forum said that they're not a Gold member and have the "Configure Sync Settings" option.

Anybody here having a similar problem and figure out a way to resolve it?

Thanks.
    05-18-08 01:10 PM
    What version are you running ?

I'm on 1.1.26 & don't seem to have that option.
    05-18-08 01:50 PM
    It's on the newest version, 1.2.52.

After you upgrade, please let me know if you get that feature.
    05-18-08 01:51 PM
    Just downloading now, will give it a try.
    05-18-08 01:59 PM
    Ok, I downloaded the newest version & get this

User name
    Home city
    Date format
    Temperature
    Auto update
    Flight Notification Reminder
    Daily Events Notifications
    Trip Notifications
    Itinerary Update Notifications
    Mapping Application - this is different from yours
    Connection

No "Configure Sync Settings," though

I added a dummy itinerary crossing 3 day on my Worldmate web page, sync'd it via BB to show up on there. checked calender & nothing there. so it looks like the option isn't there for me either.
    05-18-08 02:40 PM
    Hmm, that's odd. You're right, I didn't get "mapping application" settings either.

We're both using the 8100 Pearl. I hope this isn't some weird limitation on the Pearl version of the software.
    05-18-08 03:59 PM
    Most Odd indeed. the mapping thing links to blackberry maps "found on my device" as it says. I take it you have BB Maps ?

There isn't anywhere where it asks what device you have so it can't be device specific ? (although you can add your device name in the "my account" area but thats optional so shouldn't affect anything).

I can't find anything to say it syncs with calendar on their website either ?
    05-18-08 04:28 PM
    Link:

WorldMate Live Now Syncs Your Calendar And Finds Your Friends | BerryReview

Pertinent quote from press release:

In this release, WorldMate Live also added automatic calendar sync capability. Previously, WorldMate Live synchronized members’ itineraries between its Web Site and the mobile application. Calendar sync completes the cycle by connecting the service directly to the BlackBerry calendar. All itinerary items, including flight and hotel reservations and scheduled meetings, are now instantly updated in all three locations whenever they are added or edited. As a result, people need to rely on only one calendar while traveling and can use any email program or scheduling system they wish.
    05-18-08 05:52 PM
    I tried deleting and re-installing using DM instead of OTA. When I did that, it installed 1.2.46 instead of 1.2.52. That didn't give me the calendar sync options either. So, I then installed 1.2.52 OTA over the 1.2.46 install, and that didn't help.

So, now I'm out of ideas. Nothing seems to work.
    05-18-08 07:27 PM
    I can't get the calendar feature to work either, i tried re-installing it also last night & still nothing. i also updated the MS Outlook ad-on to see if that did anything (didn't think it would but worth a try). Their website is great for setting up your itinerary etc but doesn't really tell you features & nothing in troubleshooting section either.

05-19-08 03:52 AM
    WorldMate Live

I found this 3 month free trial of Gold...worth a try to see if the calendar sync appears ?
    05-19-08 05:43 AM
    Ok, for anyone else having the same problem, I finally got this figured out.

First, as for WorldMate's customer support, it was practically non-existent. I sent a support ticket through their website describing the problem in as much detail as possible.

To their credit, I got a response only a few hours later. However, it was a form response that simply stated:

Thank you for contacting us.

WorldMate Live is designed to automatically detect when you have a calendar item that matches any of your itinerary dates and then it will come into action.

You will see a pop-up screen which will enable you to set step-by-step the calendar sync feature, after the initial set up you will be able to change the calendar sync settings via WorldMate Live settings menu.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.
    Clearly, that didn't help at all, because if it happened "automatically" there wouldn't have been a problem.

So, I responded to their e-mail and explained that I understood that it was supposed to "automatically" pop-up and configure the calendar sync settings, but that it wasn't working properly.

Again, somewhat to their credit, I got a response within another few hours. Unfortunately, it was the EXACT SAME form response.

So, while they certainly respond quickly, if their form responses don't help, it appears you may be out of luck.

Anyway, the form response stated that it will auto-detect if you have a calendar item that matches any of your itinerary dates.

Initially I had a calendar item that stated "Vacation 2008" for my vacation scheduled in July. Nothing popped up in WorldMate.

My WorldMate Live itinerary is called "France 2008." So, I changed my calendar entry from "Vacation 2008" to "France 2008." Nothing popped up in WorldMate.

I then created a calendar entry called "France 2008," but only for the 1st day of my vacation rather than spanning the entire vacation. Nothing popped up in WorldMate.

Finally, I created a calendar entry called "Flight to France" on the 1st day of my vacation. WorldMate FINALLY gave me a pop-up asking if I wanted to sync my itineraries. I went through and configured everything, and now these options do appear in the standard "settings" menu.

So, in conclusion, in order to get WorldMate Live to allow you to sync with your BB native calendar, you have to create a calendar entry that very closely resembles an entry in WorldMate. Then, when you launch WorldMate, it should ask if you want to synchronize.

That was overly complicated, and hopefully will be easier in future releases.

Hope this helps others ...
    05-20-08 06:28 PM
    Excellent, I've got it working now. Thank you for that

It is an odd long way round as you say. the Worldmate app is fantastic but maybe a little short on instructions on their website.
    05-22-08 06:18 PM
    Thanks for letting me know there was an update--I wasn't aware of it. I just downloaded version 1.2.60 for my 8320. Have a great weekend everyone!
    05-23-08 05:32 PM
    Worked on my 8130 as well. This should really be more clearly documented. As a bonus, I use Google Sync to keep my BB calendar and GCal updated, and the additions that WorldMate adds sync up to my GCal as well.
    05-23-08 08:20 PM
    the apps is very nice for leisure/ costumers, please correct me if i am wrong.
    05-23-08 08:32 PM
    Haven't run into this exact problem, but think I may have avoided it by doing this:
    1. Receive your itinerary on the PC. With the WorldMate Live plugin, it will forward the email to their servers so they can extract the details and post them to your account.
    2. Do an "update" in the app on the device. When it pulls down the update, it asks if you want it added to your bb calendar. Say yes, and it will eventually show up back on your PC calendar.

You could also manually enter the itinerary in your account at wmlive.com instead of #1.

Now, I haven't made updates to an existing itinerary, so can't say for sure everything gets updated, but expect it would.
    05-24-08 12:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD