Hey folks! Just thought i would pop by and let you know that the majority of features that are being requested here can also be found in my app called MyCart!

It is completely free and in still on-going development to add more and more features! I am also keeping it simple so as not to make a bulky and unneccesarily full app! It just has what you need and does its job cleanly!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/mycart-254718/
    06-30-09 11:44 AM
    Don't know if these have been mentioned here before. I've tried out MyCart a little and it seems to missing a critical feature - for me anyway. I shop for many grocery items at several stores. One feature that is a must have is an ability to take all my "needed" items and filter them by store. So, if I need milk, and in the milk entry I have indicated that I can buy it at both the grocery stores I go to as well as the three different Target locations I frequent, I can filter the list to "Target in BayView" and only items that I've indicated are available at that store come up. I hope that makes sense.

Also, in Handy Shopper, I could enter per store prices, so if milk was $2.79 at "Grocery Store A" and $2.60 at "Target in Bayview", when I sorted the list by "Grocery Store A" it would indicate that milk was cheaper elsewhere. Also very useful!

Also, Handy Shopper has a Best Buy feature that lets you enter the units and the price for two items (say 16 ozs of JIF @ $xx compared to 20 ozs of other peanut butter @ $yy and it compares the two to tell you the cheapest or "best buy". I used this all the time.

This is one reason I'm seriously considering going to the palm pre and giving hubby my storm - I need a useful shopping app and Handy Shopper can run on the pre with some compatibility software installed from what I understand.

Thanks for listening!
    07-10-09 02:09 PM
    this souunds like something I really need. all the others haven't come up to par for me thus far.

Peace...
    07-10-09 02:35 PM
    Don't know if these have been mentioned here before. I've tried out MyCart a little and it seems to missing a critical feature - for me anyway. I shop for many grocery items at several stores. One feature that is a must have is an ability to take all my "needed" items and filter them by store. So, if I need milk, and in the milk entry I have indicated that I can buy it at both the grocery stores I go to as well as the three different Target locations I frequent, I can filter the list to "Target in BayView" and only items that I've indicated are available at that store come up. I hope that makes sense.

Also, in Handy Shopper, I could enter per store prices, so if milk was $2.79 at "Grocery Store A" and $2.60 at "Target in Bayview", when I sorted the list by "Grocery Store A" it would indicate that milk was cheaper elsewhere. Also very useful!

Also, Handy Shopper has a Best Buy feature that lets you enter the units and the price for two items (say 16 ozs of JIF @ $xx compared to 20 ozs of other peanut butter @ $yy and it compares the two to tell you the cheapest or "best buy". I used this all the time.

This is one reason I'm seriously considering going to the palm pre and giving hubby my storm - I need a useful shopping app and Handy Shopper can run on the pre with some compatibility software installed from what I understand.

Thanks for listening!
    Shouldn't this be in the MyCart thread? Anyways, with MyCart you can do multiple lists. That way you don't need to use a filter since you can just go to the list for that specific store. You can also do per store prices with the latest version but it won't tell you which has the lower price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 02:51 PM
79 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD