Just got the email. The new version is out. Let's see what's news and exciting!!

Just a heads up!!

Gvdialer dot Com (Can't post links yet )

Peace....
    04-27-09 10:11 AM
    I will post the link for you : GVdialer Home
    04-27-09 11:31 AM
    Do you guys actually use it??? How is it???
    04-27-09 12:32 PM
    This version finally works with 4.5 on the curve. If you use Google Voice its a must have. Its still in beta but I think they are 95% of the way there with the program. Highly recommended.
    04-27-09 12:39 PM
    I have noticed however, that when I choose to go to my voicemail (via the menu option) it STILL tries to dial a number, IE: it dials GV then inputs my pin, then the #2 (as if I wanted to dial out) when all i asked for was my VM

Other than that.....so far......we'll see.
    04-27-09 02:13 PM
    I have noticed however, that when I choose to go to my voicemail (via the menu option) it STILL tries to dial a number, IE: it dials GV then inputs my pin, then the #2 (as if I wanted to dial out) when all i asked for was my VM
    That's what it's designed to do. When GVDialer is active, it calls your GV account and (now that the update is out) enters your PIN, then uses GV to dial the call.

The workaround would be to program your VM number as your cell number with area code, not the four-digit number provided.

It might make sense to add an exception list to GVdialer, so you could set it to dial all calls through your GV account except those on the list.

This version finally works with 4.5 on the curve. If you use Google Voice its a must have. Its still in beta but I think they are 95% of the way there with the program. Highly recommended.
    If it's in beta, why are they charging ten bucks for it?
    04-28-09 07:12 PM

It might make sense to add an exception list to GVdialer, so you could set it to dial all calls through your GV account except those on the list.

I already emailed them and suggested an exception list, so we are on the same page.

Right now you get a 30 day trial....for some even a beta is worth it.
    04-28-09 08:24 PM
    Yes. And every new beta that comes out(version) so far, the clock starts over on your 30 free days. I'm sure that will change. I've been testing some outside the public release betas for them. Haven't seen this one yet but upcoming is SMS and Visual Voicemail within the app. Also they won't budge on the pricean although the reduced the upcoming iphone v to 2.99, because of an outstanding competing app GV Mobile. Google it. I emailed developer and he is exploring creating a bb version

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 08:34 PM
    Don't get me wrong... this app is well worth the ten bucks. I just downloaded the new version, which enters your PIN to comply with new changes to GV, and was pleased to see that my trial period was reset to 30.

I was also pleased to see that I can highlight an address book entry or enter a number on the phone, then hit the BB key, and "dial with GVdialer" is at the top of the menu.

My outgoing Caller ID is blocked, so for now I use GVdialer when somebody has a blocked number or doesn't pick up private calls, but I don't want them to have my cell #.

EDIT: When downloading, I didn't enter my voicemail PIN because the field was marked "optional," but it kept bouncing me back. Looks like you have to enter the PIN to get the download.
    04-28-09 08:43 PM
    That's what it's designed to do. When GVDialer is active, it calls your GV account and (now that the update is out) enters your PIN, then uses GV to dial the call.

The workaround would be to program your VM number as your cell number with area code, not the four-digit number provided.

What I meant was....after I choose VM from menu. It dials in, enters my pin (which is needed) and THEN inputs "2" as if I wanted to make a call. Which is NOT needed to listen to VM.

Thanks.....sorry I was unclear.
    04-29-09 08:08 AM
    Hello all good people,
    I hope here to read and learn from your life experiences.
    This site looks to me a very great spiritual forum!
    Welcome to the forum! Everybody here bites.. So beware !!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD