We finally have cardstar. I almost want to scream "it's about time!"

This app was the only aspect of my fianc�s iphone I was jealous of. No more. For you guys that have bundles of those annoying scan cards in your wallet or dangling from your keyring this will let you ditch them once and for all.

For a bonus you get to see everybody in public drool over your app as you whip out your bb to get scanned at the check-out counter instead of fumbling through a bunch of cards or tags.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by kb5zht; 05-04-10 at 09:09 AM.
    05-04-10 09:05 AM
    too bad it doesn't list all the merchants that partipate in this and its quite the memory hog.
    05-04-10 02:05 PM
    yea, 3.6 mb I think it was... On s1 that hurts. Oh well maybe it will be better with upgrades.

05-04-10 03:16 PM
    3.6... OUCH! I won't be getting it.
    05-05-10 10:34 AM
    Let alone there appear to be problems getting the scans to work if you have a screen protector.
    05-05-10 12:39 PM
    Yes and I pulled off my screen protector and it still wasn't able to read my BB. I am gonna give it one more try before dumping it.
    05-05-10 12:43 PM
    Just what I want, to hand my $600 phone to some clumsy cashier to drop and break when it's much easier to hand them a simple, non-breakable card. This is probably one of the dumbest ideas I've seen for a cell phone.

05-05-10 09:45 PM
    This app is worth a shot. If it works right, then great. If not, back to a clunky key chain. Not that big a deal.

05-05-10 09:59 PM
    I installed it and since then the screen light is always on. I've tried to set the phone on standby mode but it goes active in few minutes.
    Is there anything I can do to prevent this?
    05-06-10 07:15 AM
    BTW the application is great.
    05-06-10 07:28 AM
    Did this work for anyone. Did not work in the gym supermarket or bj's
    05-08-10 08:39 PM
    never tried it i dl it though
    05-08-10 09:09 PM
    Great app. It works for me at CVS and Petco with the screen protector. The best part is that I never gave the cashier my phone. I held out my phone and they just scanned it.

05-08-10 09:30 PM
    Tried using at sams club today and they wouldn't use it. They said I had to use the card with my picture on it.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-08-10 10:39 PM
    Still worth it even if it can't scan on scanner....just read the number out to the cashiers. I'd rather that then carry my wife's 17 cards around all the time or even worse, run the risk of not having them if we do go shopping.....cause god forbid we do not get our DA*N 30 cent savings on the 2l friggin coke bottles!!!!!!!
    05-08-10 10:57 PM
    Found out why it doesn't seem to scan right; unlike the iphone the bb is capable of being turned very bright.... And most people have a screen brightness setting > 70. This makes the screen somwhat reflective.

If you turn your screen brightness down, handscanners will read it correctly.

05-08-10 11:35 PM
    Most places I go to, if you dont have your card, you can give them your phone number and they can do the same thing.

I know this app is free, but at 3.6 MB in size, this app takes up a lot of precious memory space.

I see a lot of people say it is still worth it even if it wont scan, you can read off the number to them. You could put this info in your passwords section or notes and be able to do the same thing without having to use almost 4 MB of memory for the app.
    05-09-10 07:10 AM
    I uninstalled it today. It just didnt work for me in the places I go to most. And it did an odd thing. I denied it access to my phone, but it kept trying. When it would try to obtain permission every 4-6 minutes, it forced my phone out of standby and activated the backlight which would stay on for several minutes. It was eating my battery like nothing else had been. Nice idea, but it didnt work out for me.
    05-10-10 08:39 AM
    i haven't been able to get this to work yet.
    05-10-10 09:09 AM
    Agreed. They have tweeted that it will be releasing this week. No definite date. I think they should allow all of us interested parties to download it NOW and help them de-bug it before its official release.
    08-17-10 05:25 AM
    anyone have a download link?
    08-17-10 05:57 AM
    Since most places (the ones I shop at) use your phone number if you don't have your card, this doesn't really seem necessary.
    08-17-10 06:37 AM
    Agreed. They have tweeted that it will be releasing this week. No definite date. I think they should allow all of us interested parties to download it NOW and help them de-bug it before its official release.
    A newer version? I thought they released one a month or so ago. The one I have now has a few more features like finding a local store based on your location.
    08-17-10 06:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD