Hello. New to the forum; new to the CrackBerry experience. I have a Verizon Curve 8330 that I just upgraded to the new software version.

Question: I've been trying to play back some .wmv format video podcasts (320x240) by copying them straight to the memory card. However, the video is slow and choppy for about 10 seconds and then the device freezes up and gives me an error message.

I have not yet tried using the Roxio MediaManager to transfer the videos, as I do not have time to sit and wait. Am I doing something wrong or can the Curve not play back these podcasts?
    11-24-08 09:29 AM
    I am somewhat new here as well. You need to use Roxio MediaManager to move the video to your card. There are options there with Roxio including moving a video without conversion or moving it w/ optimal performance.

I have not had any problems w/ Roxio as of yet and have even moved full length DVD movies to my Curve (you need additional software for that).

Mike
    11-24-08 05:48 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I was afraid of that. It takes about 15 minutes to convert a 43-minute podcast using the Roxio converter on my Core 2 Duo laptop; my 6-year-old Pentium IV desktop would probably take more than twice as long. These particular podcasts usually aren't available until the morning, when I just need to download it and go so I can watch it on the train. I just don't have time to wait for the conversion process before I leave the house.

I've been using my Creative Zen Vision M to watch the videos (no conversion needed), but I was hoping I could use the BB instead and just carry the one device. Oh well.
    11-25-08 09:30 AM
    It's worse than I thought; Roxio MediaManager 9 won't even run on my desktop PC without freezing up. It takes 3 minutes just to launch the application, and then as soon as I click anything, whether a tab or menu option or folder, it freezes up and stops responding. The PC is a 2.0GHz Pentium IV with 1GB RAM running XP Home.
    11-26-08 07:59 AM
    i have an 8330, the Roxio media manager opens, then I cannot do anything with it, it freezes. I updated the software, running latest windows 6 gig ram, quad processor Any ideas please?
    12-05-09 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD