Hello all!

I'm starting BB10 development and decided to start the porting of one of my best-seller BB apps: WiseTasks (WiseTasks: GTD for BlackBerry | GTD for BlackBerry) (a strict GTD task management app)

First, let me reply to the community regarding a frequently asked question: is there going to be a version of WT for the PlayBook OS?
    Short answer: no.
    Long answer: What makes WT stand apart is its integration with the native PIM of the BB OS. Right now, there are no APIs to do the same thing in the PlayBook OS. For that reason I decided not to start a PlayBook version. But, BB10 will eventually reach the PB and replace its current OS. At that time you can expect to run WT in your PlayBook too

I’m now starting to plan and develop WT for BB10. With the power and extensibility of the new BB10, WT is going to do a big jump and bring awesome features to maintain is status as one of the leading GTD task management apps in mobile devices.

Although I already have some cool ideas, I’d also love to hear from the users: what do you like most about the app? What should change? What is missing? What could make it a really unique task management app?

Waiting for your feedback!

Thank you and keep in touch
    09-03-12 03:59 AM
    According to the website (Get it! | WiseTasks: GTD for BlackBerry) there is a free version. However, the link is no good. After some investigation on App World, there is no free version of WiseTasks. Is there supposed to be a free version?
    09-03-12 01:56 PM
    Hi Rob!

My fault, the website is not updated :/ Going to fix that now, thanks for reminding me!

There was a free version available, but due to lack of time I could not keep up updating both and eventually the free version was lagging behind with some unfixed bugs (which resulted in bad reviews), so I decided to remove it.

For BB10 I'll work out a better model so I don't have to maintain 2 different code bases, but that also allows people to try it for free.

all the best
    Nuno
    09-03-12 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD