Hi Everbody,

I just wanted to plug a program that I made for wirelessly syncing music from iTunes to you BlackBerry. I made it because I have a very large iTunes library and that brings the RIM's Wireless Music Sync app to its knees. It works similar to the the one from RIM. It has a Desktop client, a server and a BlackBerry app. However, instead of putting metadata about tens of thousands of songs on your phone, my app only syncs the playlists/albums/artists you want to listen to. Also, the BlackBerry app only runs when you request it and so does not unnecessarily consume precious memory. The syncing process is fairly quick, with very little overhead. Finally, it supports OS 5 (not tested on a real device yet).

It's released as open source and it'd great if you could give it a try a let me know if it works. You can post any issues you have here.

The server and the desktop application requires Windows and .NET framework 4.0. You also need to have iTunes installed.

After installing everything on your desktop, you can install the BlackBerry app OTA by visiting xx://<your-server-ip>:9000/app

Project website: xx://sourceforge.net/projects/bbwifimusicsync/
    Download: xx://sourceforge.net/projects/bbwifimusicsync/files/bbwifimusicsync/0.2/
    Source code on GitHub: xx://github.com/nithinphilips/bbwifimusicsync

(Replace xx with http) There are some screenshots on the SourceForge page.

--Cheers
    Nithin
    08-21-11 02:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD