I had been having issues with my phone, and decided to wipe users installed apps. Now the mobile banking is gone. My bank says it is a "preloaded" app and cant help me. ATT sends me to Blackberry support--who seem to have the worst phone tree invented. They want ticket numbers ect, or I get disconnected. Can anyone help me on find out how to reload a preloaded app on my torch?? I NEED my mobile banking. LOL
    06-25-11 10:13 AM
    And whats the name of the bank?
    06-25-11 10:45 AM
    America First Credit Union, they cant help me. The app isnt available in BB App world. It is preloaded on the torch only. It is made by Firethron. I may go exchange my phone it is still under warranty-- but Ive been avoiding that since I know it will be replaced with a refurbished phone.
    06-25-11 11:00 AM
    Where did you buy that phone from? Im wondering, if it was preloaded on your AT&T 9800, then it should be preloaded on all AT&Ts 9800s. Which in mine, it wasn't. Did you request to have it installed during checkout? Or is it like a local thing?

Try doing this, but instead of looking for HTC or android, look for blackberry and for at&t as carrier.

We have LG Optimus V phones with Virgin Mobile, which isn't in the list of carriers. Figuring out how to download and enable the app took some trial and error. Here's what worked:
    1. Select Online Banking under Online Services at the bottom of the page.
    2. Click on Log In Now.
    3. Go through the account and password screens.
    4. Select "Other Services" and then Mobile Banking.
    5. Mobile Banking opens a popup window (make sure you permit popups for mobile.americafirst.com).
    6. Choose "Add New Device", then Sprint from the Carrier drop-down, then enter your # and click Continue.
    7. On the "Select Your Sprint Device" screen, choose the HTC button, and the Sprint HTC Hero.
    8. Click Download.
    9. The following screen directs you to search for "Mobile Banking for Android" in the Android Market. Download and install it from the market, then run through the activation steps and enter the code generated on mobile banking popup screen.
    10. Check the box and click Done to complete activation.
    attimay likes this.
    06-25-11 11:24 AM
    I bought my phone from ATT corporate store in Utah. It was a preloaded, its a green and white bank icon. Silly question, Select Online banking at bottom of page---which page?? The bank page? Thank you!!
    06-25-11 11:32 AM
    The bank website, at the bottom there is a link that says mobile banking, after that at the almost top right there is one that says login

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-11 11:40 AM
    Thanks, but I have to have the software on phone. Its so frustrating! I was on the phone with the credit union, then ATT for hours yesterday and today. No luck. Blackberry support is obviously closed on the weekend, and the number ATT gave me is a paid support line.
    06-25-11 11:48 AM
    Are you doing it from a computer?

06-25-11 11:49 AM
    I want to access from my phone. I use the on line also and that is how I originally logged into the mobile app on my phone.

I still do not understand why the mobile banking app was gone after I did the wipe user apps. The other apps that were pre loaded on my phone (yellow pages, the mole word game ect) are still there.
    06-25-11 11:56 AM
    These other apps are not apps, but service book shortcuts, they are just shortcuts that launch the browser to the specified website. They are pushed by at&t into the phone every time it is restarted.

06-25-11 11:57 AM
    You know more then the ATT store manager and Credit union support! I will follow your step by step from above. Thanks so much for your help
    06-25-11 12:03 PM
    Its funny that at&t sells a device with a preinstalled application for which they supposedly have no access to, which in turn conflicts with the fact that they had to install it in the first place, since they are the carrier that the phone is branded to. If anybody is going to put their hands on a device to preinstall applications before selling it, it will be the carrier.

And then comes the bank, that has an application made for them by firethron and its not posted for download either in appworld or in their very own website. They don't even have instructions for it.

Companies these days...

06-25-11 12:12 PM
    is there a way for me to see service book shortcuts? They icon is missing, and when I search for mobile banking nothing is there. Ive tried deleting device, and reactivating on the credit union site, but it wants me to select the icon!
    06-25-11 12:13 PM
    Select icon how?, did not quite understand that last part.

06-25-11 12:15 PM
    I found the Service Book on my phone- mobile banking isnt showing there
    06-25-11 12:16 PM
    The application for the bank was a website launcher? Is it an app that takes you to their mobile website?

06-25-11 12:19 PM
    "Select icon how?, did not quite understand that last part."

the mobile banking was a green banking icon. Thats how I originally activated mobile banking.
    06-25-11 12:20 PM
    Im sorry this is confusing. I had to visit bank first, then open mobile banking on my phone and input the activation code the bank gave me. The mobile banking isnt on my phone any longer, no way to input activation code.
    06-25-11 12:22 PM
    Ooh, so the mobile banking application requires an activation code?

It doesn't give you an option to download it or to send the link via sms for you to download it on the phone?

06-25-11 12:24 PM
    Its funny that at&t sells a device with a preinstalled application for which they supposedly have no access to, which in turn conflicts with the fact that they had to install it in the first place, since they are the carrier that the phone is branded to. If anybody is going to put their hands on a device to preinstall applications before selling it, it will be the carrier.

And then comes the bank, that has an application made for them by firethron and its not posted for download either in appworld or in their very own website. They don't even have instructions for it.

Companies these days...

Frustrating is what it is!! Im on the phone with a different ATT support. maybe they can help. I appreciate your help
    06-25-11 12:31 PM
    I believe you are looking for the pre-installed mobile banking app that came on the earlier shipped Torch? if so I stripped the service book from my SB and I'll try to pm it to you.AT&T can't and won't give it to you cause it was no longer available.Only people that had it pre-installed and had an account setup are allowed to use it as far as I know(at least that is what they told me when I called there).I never used it but I saved a copy of my service books first thing when I got my first torch and it was in there.If it is what you needed,enjoy
    attimay likes this.
    06-25-11 03:41 PM
    Ooh, so the mobile banking application requires an activation code?

It doesn't give you an option to download it or to send the link via sms for you to download it on the phone?

no options to send link. When you are activating phone it says pre loaded"

AT&T didnt help. Master reset, still no shortcut or icon to mobile banking.
    06-25-11 04:08 PM
    I believe you are looking for the pre-installed mobile banking app that came on the earlier shipped Torch? if so I stripped the service book from my SB and I'll try to pm it to you.AT&T can't and won't give it to you cause it was no longer available.Only people that had it pre-installed and had an account setup are allowed to use it as far as I know(at least that is what they told me when I called there).I never used it but I saved a copy of my service books first thing when I got my first torch and it was in there.If it is what you needed,enjoy
    That would be GREAT!! They are just confused. As am I. I have no idea why its gone.

Thanks!!!!
    06-25-11 04:10 PM
    For those following this thread. When you rectify this problem. Please post how it was done.
    06-26-11 09:09 AM
    For those following this thread. When you rectify this problem. Please post how it was done.
    I replaced my phone through the AT&T warranty store. I lost the mobile banking when I upgraded the operating system, not wiping the user installed Apps. The new operating system does not support it. AT&T cant load it. Rim isnt supporting it.

Im so frustrated with RIM. I have contacted my bank to let them know that the Torch is no longer Preloaded with mobile banking. I can only hope they will have a available download soon.

I also tried to load the servicebook that SevendustG sent. I couldnt make it load, copy, recognize. I may not know how or it is the new operating system.

I would appreciate any updates if anyone learns anything else on this.
    Last edited by attimay; 06-27-11 at 07:58 AM.
    06-27-11 07:56 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD