So i couldnt make any phone calls or get on the net for a few hours earlier so i called Sprint. The guy had me wipe my phone twice becuase provisioning didnt work, taking the battery out didnt work and all the other tricks. So i wipe it and after each time my apps are still on there..i thought they should be gone if i wiped it. So now my phone STILL wont make phone calls( get "call failed please try again later) or connect to the net. iv also ran that little "test" in the mobile network section but to no avail...what shall i do:cry:
    11-28-08 09:48 PM
    From the 8830 Users Manual. Your 8330 should be nearly identical, at least in this section.

Delete all device data
    Verify that you have a backup copy of your BlackBerry� device data.
    CAUTION: If you have turned on content protection, the process for deleting all device data can take up to an hour to complete. You cannot stop the process after you start it. If you reset your device, the process continues after the device restarts.
    1. In the device options, click Security Options.
    2. Click General Settings.
    3. Press the Menu key.
    4. Click Wipe Handheld.
    5. To delete all third-party applications, select the Include third-party applications check box.
    6. Click Continue.
    7. Type blackberry.
    11-28-08 10:19 PM
    but will this allow me to make phone calls? I dont really have a prob with the apps still being there but I cant make any phone calls or get on the net...thats what im concerned about..

thanks!
    11-28-08 10:33 PM
    No, I was just answering your question about removing 3rd party apps. I have no idea why Sprint would suggest wiping your phone to correct a problem placing calls. But if they did, and it didn't solve the problem, call them back.
    11-28-08 10:40 PM
    k thank you!
    11-28-08 10:42 PM
    just called back...its an outage...
    thanks again!
    11-28-08 10:46 PM
    just called back...its an outage...
    thanks again!
    For that, they had you wipe your phone, twice.... I hope you didn't lose anything.
    11-28-08 10:52 PM
    haha you would think after the first wipe they would understand that it was an internal provisioning issue.. I'm sorry they put you through that. hope all is well
    11-29-08 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD