I have tried everything I know to get opera downloaded again after my phone wipe and fresh OS install. I just seem to be going in circles trying to get it to download. Even from the OTA thread it just takes me to the opera site. Went to Mini.opera.com....again, just to their site. I never get the option to actually download. Went as far as having them send me a sms link, same results.

I know it's probably something simple I'm not doing, but I haven't messed with my storm as far as applications in quite some time. I pretty much lost all hope w/ storm many months ago and have been basically using it as a phone/email/txting device. With new OS .151 seems things have improved. But I need to get opera back on it, because my storm's click screen has gone down hill fast and I need the ability to just touch. Thanks!
    07-12-09 07:44 PM
    i went to StormOTA and got the link there. worked fine on my phone. here is the link for opera i used from there http://www.stormota.com/download.php?appID=83
    also try clearing your browser history and all that.
    07-12-09 09:06 PM
    you need to set up your browser in BB mode, not firefox or IE
    07-12-09 09:09 PM
    I just finished a 2-hour struggle to install Opera .
    Here's what worked for me (on an 8320 Curve):

1. Go to your Blackberry browser (or press "b")
    2. Go to Options / Browser Configuration
    3. Find "Emulation Mode" and select "Blackberry"
    4. Press menu and either choose "Save Options" or "Close". Choosing the latter propmpts to Save anyway, so I choose "Close" straight away.
    5. This returns to the Options list, where you can select "General Properties"
    6. I set my Default Browser to "Internet Explorer", not WAP or Blackberry Browser.
    7. Close to exit and save. Continue closing until you exit the browser.
    8. Enter the browser again.
    9. Go to Options / Cache Operations and delete your history and others.
    10. Check that the settings chosen on steps 3 to 6 remain as they are.
    11. Visit mini.opera.com and you should be able to download Opera... FINALLY!

Hope this helps anyone with the same problem!

08-04-09 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD