Okay so i headed over to the Blackberry Homepage (the default homepage) a few minutes ago on my Bold. On this page is "Download windows live messenger."
    So i thought, "what the heck!"
    I downloaded it to my bold and it works! I don't even have the service books for it because it messed my BIS up before and i had to wipe my blackberry =/
    But anyway...yea head over to that site and give it a go if you're having trouble with installing WLM.
    10-02-08 12:43 PM
    me 2 me 2 lol
    10-03-08 01:42 AM
    Okay so i headed over to the Blackberry Homepage (the default homepage) a few minutes ago on my Bold. On this page is "Download windows live messenger."
    So i thought, "what the heck!"
    I downloaded it to my bold and it works! I don't even have the service books for it because it messed my BIS up before and i had to wipe my blackberry =/
    But anyway...yea head over to that site and give it a go if you're having trouble with installing WLM.

you realize that if you are able to browse to any site on your BB means that it has service books. the live messenger service book is a default provided by RIM. you will get this service book as soon as your BB registers on the network.
    10-03-08 02:28 AM
    Yes but vodafone wasn't allowing it on mine before (I tried the method using the same method orange users were using to get Maps). This is the case for many people on the vodafone forums, in that vodafone is blocking them from using windows live messenger. But for some reason the service books have now been added to my phone and WLM is fully functional.
    10-03-08 02:03 PM
    What's a service book?
    It's like an enabler for features you Blackberry can and cannot use. For example, without the Email service book for a particular email account, you wouldn;t be able to send or receive email with that account. Similarly - don't have BB Maps service book? - you won't see the icon for BB Maps.
    10-03-08 03:51 PM
    This is what I did to get WINDOWS LIVE MESSENGER on your BlackBerry Bold 9000 if on Orange UK or any other carrier I reckon too.

Firstly sort out Maps because it's great and you must. (Whether it has any bearing on downloading WLM I don't know?). Follow the guide here: http:##supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=Bold&message.id=940#M940 to install Maps on you BB. [REPLACE ## WITH //]

Next use your BB to go to the following link: http:##xxx.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=wlm20. [REPLACE ## WITH // & xxx with www]

Or go to the BlackBerry HELP! link in your Browser Bookmarks.

Sorted. It works using WiFi if you turn your Mobile Network off in Manage Connections. So useful abroad!

I'm super happy now as Maps and WLM is what I've been waiting for. Also Google Maps is cool too and that works in WiFi only too.

Can't get LiveSearch to work tho.
    10-03-08 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD