On Orange UK. Any one notice Windows Live Messenger not working properly today?
    i can send messages but can't receive any and also the contact list doesn't update when people go on or offline. Google works fine, just WLM that's playing up.
    05-16-09 08:12 PM
    I had this issue last night on Tmobile UK...was using windows messenger on my Bold and i was getting messages perfectly fine but people i was in a convo with were only getting some of my msgs...

Very strange and dont know if its a network problem or what because it isnt the first time ive had this happen...spoken to tmobile and they cant see anything wrong from their end.
    05-16-09 08:24 PM
    thanks spawn, that's making me think it's maybe a bb server problem for the UK maybe...dunno how it works.
    05-16-09 08:26 PM
    It could be because on my laptop i have zero problems with Messenger..
    05-16-09 08:28 PM
    Guys I have the same problem, I opened another thread. I'm at Turkey and my carrier is Turkcell. My friend at UK use O2, so her msn is working. :S

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 01:09 AM
    I'm having the same problems too and have been for over a week now. I called orange and they advised me there is nothing they can do as they do not support msn. The prblems I have been having are people not showing as online when they are and when they are online they can see everything that I type but I don't get any replys back. This is now driving me insane and if anyone finds out how to correct this error plz let me know.

05-17-09 06:13 AM
    Looks like it just might be a bb/wlm server problem that they need to rectify.
    Have found a temporary solution that works eBuddy Mobile Messenger
    Using msn on ebuddy works fine.

05-17-09 06:44 AM
    Hi all, I have the same problems as you guys, I have the Bold on TMobile. I did a test between msn accounts on laptop and BlackBerry. The BlackBerry was not receiving anything sent from the laptop but messages from BlackBerry to laptop did go through. Again status change didn't show up on the BlackBerry.

Thanks for the eBuddy tip, I can't download eBuddy on the Bold btw but can use the lite option which isn't as great but at least the messages do go through.

Anyone knows who is responsible for fixing this?
    05-17-09 07:14 AM
    I have a similar situation with Windows Live Messenger and my BB Storm. When I'm signed into WLM on my computer and receive an e-mail, WLM notifies me that I received a new e-mail. My BB Storm will not notify me that I have received a new e-mail message as long as I'm signed into WLM on my computer. Once I sign out of WLM on my computer and receive another e-mail, I will receive the new e-mail along with the e-mail that I didn't receive when I was signed into WLM on my computer. Anyone else experiencing this behavior?
    05-17-09 07:43 AM
    Yeah thanks for the tip too I also have to use the lite which is slow but works. My phone is safe for now as I was ready to smash the damn thing. Orange told me that I woulkd need to contact either windos or blackberry to get this sorted as it's a third party problem not my service provider

05-17-09 07:48 AM
    I have emailed msn tech support and will do the same with RIM now (yes, I'm desperate to get it fixed)
    05-17-09 08:22 AM
    MTAV pls keep writing about progress. This issue sucx

05-17-09 09:50 AM
    Thanks MTAV, nice one. We're all desperate too

05-17-09 10:02 AM
    I'm having the same problems with Yahoo and WLM. I'm on Orange UK.
    05-17-09 11:03 AM
    OK, I've read somewhere else that installing WLM v2.1.44 has solved the issue for some people. This is the version I have and I did reinstall anyway but that didn't work for me.
    I have tried to resend the service books and fingers crossed it looks like it may have fixed it!! (don't want to get too carried away just yet)
    Can you guys give that a go and let me know if it fixes the problem for you?
    There are 3 WLM records in Service books by the way!
    05-17-09 12:40 PM
    Vodafone UK, been having this problem since yesterday. It's bloody annoying.

I'll be watching this space!
    05-17-09 12:42 PM
    Its working!

Signed in to msn just this second and I'm receiving msgs. Hope its fixed will update again in a few hours to confirm.

05-17-09 01:08 PM
    Yep, I can confirm its all good.

05-18-09 03:03 AM
    Yes mine started to receive too

05-18-09 06:31 AM
    I've the latest WLM version (.44), but a bit confused on how to re-send service books. I went to options - advance options - service book. But I couldn't find the option to re-send the service book from there. Thanks for the help!

05-18-09 06:44 AM
    Still not working for me,orange resent service books but made no difference.anyone got any suggestions.using ebuddy lite but could do with this fixing.

05-18-09 01:55 PM
    It's working again on Vodafone. I chose to reinstall it from the application centre and despite it insisting from the main menu that I would simply be reinstalling my current version, the version it gave me on the download page was actually higher. Can't remember the actual numbers, but it was an upgrade.
    I don't know if this had anything to do with restored functionality though.

Sweb, sorry to hear it's still not working for you. I'm afraid I can't help
    05-18-09 02:04 PM
    Aryokresnadi you are nearly there, on service books,highlight WLM and press the menu key to view, again to show HRT and again to "register now".
    You need to do this for the 3 WLM records.
    Sweb, did you also resend the service books from the hanset?
    Definitely working for me now.
    Last edited by MTAV; 05-18-09 at 04:43 PM.
    05-18-09 04:40 PM
    Mtav no I didn't send from handset but will give it a go.will follow your above post and let you know.cheers

05-18-09 05:39 PM
    Mtav, thanks for the clarification! Will do the HRT register now.

05-19-09 07:19 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD