It won't run on my shiney new BarackBerry 8900. Installed twice, when I click it nothing happens. I like this app for finding phone numbers and other things I be searching. Help!
    02-12-09 02:59 AM
    i have the 8900 and i get the same "cannot connect to server" issue. and im with T/MO
    02-12-09 03:07 PM
    I think it's a general thing across all carriers. I'm experiencing the EXACT same problems as those mentioned in this post and I'm with Bell. Speaking to a couple of BlackBerry support agents, they notified or tried to explain to me that it's an intermittent thing. It could be, but I've spoken to people on Rogers, Bell, they have no problems connecting.

Again, intermittent but I decided to look into it a bit further since up until last Sunday, I had NO problems and others seem to connect just find.

Going into my service books, I remember seeing "WLM 2.1" service books listed, today or since I was unable to connect, those SB are no longer there. Called up my cousin who is also with Bell, asked her to see if she was able to connect during my downtime, was able to with no messages. Asked her to check her SB and she had about 7 where my BlackBerry only has 4.

I don't know how Bell pushes or controls service books, but on a working BlackBerry that is able to connect to WLM there should be the following service books:

Windows Live [KEYNEGO]
    Windows Live [BBIM]
    Windows Live [BBIMConfig]
    Windows Live Messenger VPL [BrowserConfig]
    WLM 2.1 [KEYNEGO]
    WLM 2.1 [BBIM]
    WLM 2.1 [BBIMConfig]

I only have the top 4.

Still trying to do a little search. I don't know if Service Books can affect applications like WLM and there's no coincidence that Rogers also have the WLM 2.1 service books, I think those are the core SB that are needed.
    02-12-09 04:01 PM
    My MSN app started working suddenly the other day. I tried everyday and crossed my fingers, for months.

I guess it was my lucky day, because I did nothing special with my berry. It has logged in without fail, since.

Good Luck.
    02-13-09 05:08 AM
    I think it's a general thing across all carriers. I'm experiencing the EXACT same problems as those mentioned in this post and I'm with Bell. Speaking to a couple of BlackBerry support agents, they notified or tried to explain to me that it's an intermittent thing. It could be, but I've spoken to people on Rogers, Bell, they have no problems connecting.

Again, intermittent but I decided to look into it a bit further since up until last Sunday, I had NO problems and others seem to connect just find.

Going into my service books, I remember seeing "WLM 2.1" service books listed, today or since I was unable to connect, those SB are no longer there. Called up my cousin who is also with Bell, asked her to see if she was able to connect during my downtime, was able to with no messages. Asked her to check her SB and she had about 7 where my BlackBerry only has 4.

I don't know how Bell pushes or controls service books, but on a working BlackBerry that is able to connect to WLM there should be the following service books:

Windows Live [KEYNEGO]
    Windows Live [BBIM]
    Windows Live [BBIMConfig]
    Windows Live Messenger VPL [BrowserConfig]
    WLM 2.1 [KEYNEGO]
    WLM 2.1 [BBIM]
    WLM 2.1 [BBIMConfig]

I only have the top 4.

Still trying to do a little search. I don't know if Service Books can affect applications like WLM and there's no coincidence that Rogers also have the WLM 2.1 service books, I think those are the core SB that are needed.

It appears to me you have service books for Windows Live 2.0 and windows Live 2.1. When I had WLM 2.1 these "2.1" service books are the one I had. I know went back and put 2.0 WLM on my BB and I have the first 3 you listed.

When out in the country and on EDGE service...I can connect no problem to WLM..but as soon as im on UMA I have problems I can turn UMA off though when I have problems and then try connecting on EDGE at home..but cannot connect...
    02-16-09 02:19 PM
    So... my msn just randomally started working.. couple times not...but work more often then not..

weird...
    02-18-09 04:00 PM
    me too, server is always busy, ive even deleted every one of my contacts, reloaded them to my other account, tried loggin in on other bbs, got a new bb... used contact list cleanup,
    its very frustrating
    02-18-09 08:41 PM
    **NEWS**

Wanted to let you know that there is a new version of Windows Live Messenger for blackberry v2.1.41

Although I still don't believe the problem was device/app related, it's always worth a try.

Using you blackberry browser you may download the newest version of WLM directly from the Blackberry Website This is the actual download link, so please make sure your browser 'identification' is set to 'blackberry' in your options!

Also note that GoogleTalk, Yahoo Messenger and AOL clients have also been updated to v2.1.41. Find those apps also via your mobile browser on Blackberry.com's Social Network Page.

Good Luck!
    02-19-09 04:24 AM
    thanks !!! work fine !!!
    02-20-09 09:02 AM
    I have the same issues with not being able to sign in every time but what's really really really annoying is that when I am chatting with a contact they sometimes don't receive my messages. I can see theirs coming through asking 'you there?' but then I have to go to the Blackberry Instant Messaging to send them a message saying 'yes i am here'. Anyone else have this issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 09:35 AM
    **NEWS**

Wanted to let you know that there is a new version of Windows Live Messenger for blackberry v2.1.41

Although I still don't believe the problem was device/app related, it's always worth a try.

Using you blackberry browser you may download the newest version of WLM directly from the Blackberry Website This is the actual download link, so please make sure your browser 'identification' is set to 'blackberry' in your options!

Also note that GoogleTalk, Yahoo Messenger and AOL clients have also been updated to v2.1.41. Find those apps also via your mobile browser on Blackberry.com's Social Network Page.

Good Luck!
    New version works like a charm so far. Thanks for the catch!
    02-20-09 10:29 AM
    yea 2 bad its not workin for 90% of the users out here still
    02-23-09 06:16 PM
    I've been having connection probs as well. I'll have to connect manually now (I think it used to connect automatically on power up, but not any more) and find that it won't stay connected. Any suggestions on any settings to check?
    04-21-09 08:49 PM
    i have had ongoing issues and still unable to connect to wlm on my blackberry 9530. All i ever see is "server is busy"
    05-19-09 11:22 AM
    I've had my Storm a week now, and have tried the WLM probably 6 different times on different days. I keep getting the error that my login is incorrect. I go to the Internet on a computer, use the same login and get in fine. I just can't get logged in on my BB. Any ideas?
    07-04-09 10:21 AM
    instango freezes for me. blackberry tour with 4.7 any solutions?
    07-27-09 04:42 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD