I have been reading alot of people trying to get Windows Live messenger. I have an AT&T 8310 Curve, and I have windows live installed. To do this, I did the following. From my curve, I went to mobile.blackberry.com, clicked on Instant messaging for BlackBerry smartphones under whats hot, clicked search, and proceeded to download and run windows live messenger on my AT&T curve. As everyone else did, I got an error that my device was not compatable when I tried to download from blackberry on my comp. Hope this helps as I could not find this information on the forums any where!
    07-30-08 03:07 PM
    Wow! Works like a charm.

My only complaint....why couldn't you have figured this out for us *before* I spent $75 on two different IM apps? lol
    07-30-08 04:27 PM
    I have wlm(windows live messenger), also works like a charm for me.
    07-30-08 04:56 PM
    Why would you download the BB version of WLM to your computer?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-08 05:18 PM
    not download the bb version to your computer, but when you go to blackberry, it has you connect your bb to your comp with usb to load it on your bb.
    07-30-08 06:02 PM
    Hmmmm....well, after having used WLM for a day or so, I have to say I'm going to go back to JiveTalk lol. Even though MSN is the only IM service I use, JiveTalk has too many nice features that WLM is missing.

But thanks again for the info. At least now I know the money I spent on JT was worth it lol.
    07-31-08 03:48 PM
    Can you elaborate on the added features of jivetalk? I have WLM, and think it is fine. Just wondering what are the added benefits of JT. Thx

07-31-08 04:49 PM
    There are two features that I really liked.

First is the way JT separates your conversation into bubbles - your friend's text goes on the left, and your text goes on the right. It makes it a lot easier to keep track of the conversation flow, especially on a small screen.

Second, I can set up JT so that it alerts me when one of my favorite contacts comes online (its set up individually, by contact). You can do the same thing with WLM, but WLM only provides the alert once. From what I can tell you can't make the setting permanent like you can with JT.

I'm not sure these two features are worth going out and buying the software, but since I've already paid for it I might as well use it.
    07-31-08 08:59 PM
    Great. Thanks for the clarification. That ability for notifications when your contacts come online does sound handy.

07-31-08 09:06 PM
    Can anybody tell me how much data the WLM application will use. Does it constantly poll a server and use up my data plan or is it like the BB Messenger and only use data to send and receive?
    08-01-08 12:59 PM
    WLM would be a solution for people who aren't too heavy into IM.

08-01-08 01:18 PM
    I also use only MSN but bought jive, for the express purpose of it actually having auto-reconnect. The bundled MSN app would constantly lose connection, and then would have to be manually reconnected.
    08-01-08 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD