Hey all, bought the storm on the first day it came out. So far so good, this phone has some great features and potential, although i am coming from a palm treo haha. I will admit, I originally had my eye on the iphone 3g but verizon service compared to att is hands down 100 times better imo.

I was just wondering if we will ever get to see an app center that has as many different apps as the iphone. I would sure hope so, this phone is somewhat lacking in my eyes without all the apps that the iphone has. I searched around and saw something about seeing more apps in March of 09...anyone have a clue as to what to expect? Thanks!
    12-19-08 09:33 PM
    March 09.........

Hopefully we get the full blown App Center with a ton of free and priced apps.

Maybe close to the iPhone once alot of 3rd party apps start to come around.
    12-19-08 09:36 PM
    We might also get those extremely necessary apps like being able to throw a booger across your screen. Hope we get that one on BES.
    12-19-08 10:41 PM
    I just hope to see a nice interface and a good mix of free and paid (hopefully not $20+ paid like everything on handigo). The thing about the iphone is that of the 10,000+ apps, maybe 150 of them are actually worthwhile(at last count, there were something like 15 that just turned the phone into a crappy flashlight.).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 10:47 PM
    it would make sence for them to load up the app center to take advantage of the profit they could gain from not having other companies sell the third party apps like handango and others. However apple began the Itunes thing and the devices that they sold could only use Itunes to put files on them. BB has allowed for many different modes of getting apps and other media on their devices.

Abigfish
    Last edited by Abigfish3; 12-19-08 at 10:50 PM.
    12-19-08 10:47 PM
    Hey all, bought the storm on the first day it came out. So far so good, this phone has some great features and potential, although i am coming from a palm treo haha. I will admit, I originally had my eye on the iphone 3g but verizon service compared to att is hands down 100 times better imo.

I was just wondering if we will ever get to see an app center that has as many different apps as the iphone. I would sure hope so, this phone is somewhat lacking in my eyes without all the apps that the iphone has. I searched around and saw something about seeing more apps in March of 09...anyone have a clue as to what to expect? Thanks!
    Not as many but the ones that do show up will be of better

12-19-08 11:01 PM

Not as many but the ones that do show up will be of better quality. Just a hunch.

12-19-08 11:02 PM
    We won't see games due to no hardware support or OpenGL support, but the enterprise apps will take a dump on iPhones
    12-19-08 11:05 PM
    I don't play games on my device(s) however I am curious as to why no third party games. You mention
    Opengl but what does this really mean in lament terms?

12-19-08 11:12 PM
    Two things will affect this.

First the iPhone has been out for much longer so they have a huge head start on apps.

Second, is due to Apple's anal need to control every developer for their platforms, the number of Storm apps could eventually exceed the number for the iPhone.
    12-20-08 11:16 AM
    I hope so. Wish we didn't have to wait so long but I am definitely looking forward to the new app store in March
    12-20-08 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD