hello. i lost my memos/task apps during a downgrade to the official at&t os from the 5.0.0.7xx vodafone or whatever release. i've done my research and have seen people recover these apps when this happens using DM (i've seen ways using both macs and pc). i use a mac, and unfortunately get the common error that everybody gets, something to the tune of "missing peer resource file.cod", so i gave up on that. however, i have considered reloading my os or even downgrading to an even older build in the hopes of restoring these applications.

will downgrading (again) fix it since the "new" os will have to reload all the built-in applications?

will reloading .602 fix this?

any light shed to clarify this would be greatly appreciated. i'd try it out for myself and save the forum space but i'd rather not have to re-julianize my blackberry again unless i absolutely have to. thanks folks.
    09-12-10 05:05 PM
    Never lost anything to an upgrade. Sorry, can't help you there but provide my opinion on the matter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-10 05:15 PM
    Never lost anything to an upgrade. Sorry, can't help you there but provide my opinion on the matter.

You didn't provide ANYTHING. This, just like ALL of your posts are a complete waste of space. Tell me how your post was helpful or useful at all?

To the OP - if you up or downgrade again you should be able to select the missing apps again.

09-12-10 06:49 PM
    You didn't provide ANYTHING. This, just like ALL of your posts are a complete waste of space. Tell me how your post was helpful or useful at all?

To the OP - if you up or downgrade again you should be able to select the missing apps again.

Yeah, like being rude to somebody helps. ::rollseyes::

09-12-10 06:52 PM
    You do not need to reload the OS. Launch the loader and choose the apps you are missing. As long as they are RIM apps thus part of the load that is all that will get updated. If they are 3rd party, you just need to re-install them from the site where you obtained them in the first place.
    09-12-10 07:02 PM
    I use a mac too @ jkirkpa. do you have any backups? whenever I find stuff missing, I will go and do a restore but just restore selected data and click on what's missing. I wonder if this will help you?
    09-12-10 07:04 PM
    Settle down guys down make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry! (I'll go all hulk on you BOTH with my mod stick. )

09-12-10 07:07 PM
    The peer file I think is part of BBMessenger isn't it?
    09-12-10 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD